Getting Braced in January?!?!?!?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braced_MJ

#16 Post by Braced_MJ »

Greetings All!

Just joined this board and thanks for all the helpful information! I'm a 30 yr old male scheduled to get braces on 1/17/06. I get my molds/records done on 12/19/05 and then consultation and spacers on 1/9/06.....which I'm not really looking forward to, but it has to be done. :roll:
I am looking forward to get this treatment started and on my way to a better smile!!

Best of luck to you and your first appointments!

Ed K

New to site

#17 Post by Ed K »

Just found this site, great, getting metal lowers and ceramic uppers 0n 12/19

latichas

#18 Post by latichas »

hey karen thanks for the words of encouragement but I am already psyched about getting braces. I made a boo boo when I was trying to respond to granola and ended up putting everything in quotes but thanks.

ceramic upppers, metal lowers 1-23-06
next adjustment March 21,2006

the_bufster84

#19 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey my date is Jan 25th!!

Upper Ceramics

ssfw

#20 Post by ssfw »

I'm getting the impression done for my upper expander on 1/3/06. I will get the spacers placed a couple weeks after the impression appointment then I will get my expander for the upper arch late January. I am suppose to get braces after I wear the expander for about 5 months. Is this common to wear the expander for this length of time before I get the brackets placed?

I guess I'm getting a bit nervous because I don't really know what to expect. I had braces years ago but never had an expander, spacers or bands placed on my teeth. My teeth are still aligned but I have a crossbite on one side and a 5 mm overjet that needs to be corrected.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

ichephren

#21 Post by ichephren »

Jan 9th I get spacers and on the 12th I get uppers. Joy.

jenns91civic

#22 Post by jenns91civic »

I start a new job January 9 and paramedic school on January 20. Does that count for anything? LOL This will be my first job without ever going a day with braces because I got them off a few weeks after starting at my current job. phew
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

gypsydoodlebug

#23 Post by gypsydoodlebug »

January 12th here with a band going on on the 9th –– ceramic uppers and metal lowers. I'm a journalist for a food publication, so I'm a little worried about interviews with a mouthful o' crap. Plus, I'm a big ol' wuss when it comes to pain. My ortho is giving me gas the entire time I'm having them put on. I'm terrified of the mouth-soreness (e.g. canker sores). But, I also have about 30 lbs. to lose, so maybe it'll all be a wash!! :wink:
Braced January 12, 2006:
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers
24-30 mos.

Jesslzz 01

#24 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Hi!

I hoped that I could get my braces this month, but my teeth are stubborn and they don't want to let the molar bands in! So I'm in my 2nd round of spacers and since everything went off schedule, I hope to be braced by january the 20th. I can't wait to start!

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

bevobeagle

Getting Braced in Jan

#25 Post by bevobeagle »

Mine go on Tuesday 1/17.....top arch only, ceramics.

bajanrose

#26 Post by bajanrose »

I'm also being braced in January, I have two appointments, Jan 11th and 12th so I guess it's one of those days or both?? I'll keep ya'll posted.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Anticipator

#27 Post by Anticipator »

bump... for impending bracefaces!
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

jrbecca

#28 Post by jrbecca »

I'm in this club, too! I get spacers in on Jan. 5. and braces fitted on Jan. 18. It will be nice to have a group of online comrades to go through the experience with. Best of luck to all!

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

HeadgearJoe

Re: Getting Braced in January?!?!?!?!

#29 Post by HeadgearJoe »

felicity_and_reece_mommie wrote:I'm getting my braces on January 9th. Is anyone else getting braces in January?
i just want to welcome all our metalmouth newbies , yes january sounds like a HEAVYMETAL month all aboard
==========================
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Granola

#30 Post by Granola »

I too am supposed to be braced in January! I am currently having a problem with a tooth that won't settle down after having a crown placed in December (I have the permanent crown seated temporarily, and am afraid I'm facing a dreaded root canal), and hoping it won't delay my brace date.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check