zero improvement

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

zero improvement

#1 Post by payoki »

Ive been wearing braces to correct my overbite for the past 8 months.
But there's been no progress what so ever! My ortho did not extract any teeth, does this sound right? I've been measuring my overbite and honest to god, no improvement. What's wrong with my case?
mother of one.

shinyam

#2 Post by shinyam »

Argh. That sounds really frustrating. :twisted:

I guess you need to be patient. I'm experiencing the same problem. I've seen no progress for one full year.

Will

#3 Post by Will »

sorry to hear that payoki.... have you had to wear the rubber bands yet?

also, could you possible post a pic so i can see how bad your overbite is?

I also have an overbite and i'm worried that there will be no improvement
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

Kevin

#4 Post by Kevin »

Your ortho may not be working on your overbite at the moment. Braces alone won't do a thing for it, from what I understand. You need elastics or something else to actually move the jaw. Your ortho will get to it. Be patient. You're not even half way there yet. :) I didn't start getting my overbite corrected until 11 or 12 months into it.

Kevin

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Kevin's right. Braces alone can't fix an overbite. Elastics do. I've had braces for over 20 months and we haven't even started to think about working on fixing my overbite! :shock: Although I only did get bottom braces a month and a half ago! :( I have a very big overbite and I'm hoping I'll get elastics at my next appt. :wink:

Hope you start seeing progress soon! Good luck!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

asianflow

#6 Post by asianflow »

Elastics will be used to change your overbite.

Avarik

#7 Post by Avarik »

As for why you didn't get teeth extracted, its either because your ortho didn't think you needed the extra room (any crowding in your teeth?) or she/he is trying to widen the arches instead of extracting teeth.