finally got elastics today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aznfayeth

finally got elastics today!

#1 Post by aznfayeth »

Just as I guessed, I got elastics(1/4" medium) at my braces appointment today. Gotta wear them for 10 weeks until my next appointment. How long would it be until I see results? I think they're supposed to correct the flaring of my upper teeth caused by the braces and my overbite.

yay for unstained ligatures!

flaring
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Aznfayeth for finally getting elastics!

:banana: :thumbsup: :dance:

your teeth are looking lovely!

Man I really hope I get elastics at my next appt next week! My overbite is huge and its pretty uncomfortable!

Good luck!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

I guess I don't see the flaring. What exactly is it and where is it on your pics?
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

adollface

#4 Post by adollface »

Congrats!! Hoping for the same tomorrow morning at my adjustment! Good luck!

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-12-04

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

hannah164 wrote:Man I really hope I get elastics at my next appt next week! My overbite is huge and its pretty uncomfortable!
I know you want them because it would mean progress....but man, after 9 months of elastics, I just wish my ortho would STOP giving them to me! :roll:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

aznfayeth

#6 Post by aznfayeth »

mtbrncofn wrote:I guess I don't see the flaring. What exactly is it and where is it on your pics?

My upper teeth flares out alot, like a 45 degree angle! Does anybody know whether I'm supposed to hook the elastic around the hook ONLY or the whole bracket?
bonded lower retainer

adollface

#7 Post by adollface »

I got my elastics today and the ortho said around the hook only but I would ask your ortho to be sure. Also got a time estimate as to how much longer I'll have to wear the braces and he said 3 months. That's 4 months less than original time frame!! So excited!!

Will

#8 Post by Will »

hey aznfayeth, how long how you had your braces for? 3 months?
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

aznfayeth

#9 Post by aznfayeth »

Will wrote:hey aznfayeth, how long how you had your braces for? 3 months?
One year, btw it's in my signature =0)
bonded lower retainer

aznfayeth

#10 Post by aznfayeth »

adollface wrote:I got my elastics today and the ortho said around the hook only but I would ask your ortho to be sure. Also got a time estimate as to how much longer I'll have to wear the braces and he said 3 months. That's 4 months less than original time frame!! So excited!!
wow that's great. Is your configuration like mine? We can swap progress news, hehe.
bonded lower retainer

Will

#11 Post by Will »

aznfayeth, do you happen to have more pics of your overbite?

I also have an overbite and i'm worried that braces won't solve my bite...

do you happen to have this worry?
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

adollface

#12 Post by adollface »

not like your config. at all. We are moving the midline right now so on the left it's a triangle starting at the eye tooth and going back to my second molar and than back to the bicuspid. The one on the right is to just keep everything over there stable and is on the eye tooth and the two teeth below it. Sorry I don't have pics, just not brave enough to go there. But will keep up with your progress and let you know how I'm doing. I go back in 6 weeks instead of 10 so that was also good news.

Shelby014

#13 Post by Shelby014 »

i wish i would get elastics, my midline is off, and i have a crossbite now, my bite is totally WACKY. I want powerchains too, cuz i am developing some pretty huge gaps :shock: My teeth don't get sore, so i say bring it on!! My teeth have moved quite a bit though, so i guess i am pretty happy, but i want something.....new!!! Silly i know i mean i've only had my braces on for three months(summin like that), so i understand that it usually seems pretty boring at first, but it gets better. I just wish my appointments were closer together though, they keep putting them 8 weeks apart and i hate that, my friend have had 2-3 appointments inside of my 1, i just wish things would get moving!!!!
sorry this post kinda turned into a vent :oops:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

swan

Re: finally got elastics today!

#14 Post by swan »

aznfayeth wrote:Just as I guessed, I got elastics(1/4" medium) at my braces appointment today. Gotta wear them for 10 weeks until my next appointment. How long would it be until I see results? I think they're supposed to correct the flaring of my upper teeth caused by the braces and my overbite.
aznfayeth, I have the same configuration you do, also 1/4" elastics, but heavy ones. I've had them since November 21st. My next adjustment will be next week. They didn't say how long I'm going to have to wear them.

Image Image Image
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

LoobyLou

#15 Post by LoobyLou »

I can't wait til I get my elastics and I'm pretty sure it will be at my next adjustment because during my adjustment yesterday my ortho put this new archwire on my bottoms with these funny little upside down hooks that look like antennae going between my canines and the teeth one in from them towards the middle. Anyone else with or without elastics got the wire with the hooks in this strange place? I've not seen them here before!

Ps just need a little vent while I'm here - my jaw really aches due to this new archire and I woke up at 3am last night feeling like I'd just been in a fight! Thanks for that, just needed to share!!!

Pps aznfayeth your teeth are looking great, are the elastics causing a lot of pain?

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*