finally got elastics today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

#16 Post by LoobyLou »

I can't wait til I get my elastics and I'm pretty sure it will be at my next adjustment because during my adjustment yesterday my ortho put this new archwire on my bottoms with these funny little upside down hooks that look like antennae going between my canines and the teeth one in from them towards the middle. Anyone else with or without elastics got the wire with the hooks in this strange place? I've not seen them here before!

Ps just need a little vent while I'm here - my jaw really aches due to this new archire and I woke up at 3am last night feeling like I'd just been in a fight! Thanks for that, just needed to share!!!

Pps aznfayeth your teeth are looking great, are the elastics causing a lot of pain?

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

adollface

#17 Post by adollface »

I have that wire top and bottom. It is the worst. I remember when I got mine in back in October. It really does hurt but believe or not just like all the other wires you get used to it. The elastics don't hurt but the pressure they are putting on my jaw is giving me a headache and making me nausous. I'm hoping I get used to that soon.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

aznfayeth

#18 Post by aznfayeth »

Will wrote:aznfayeth, do you happen to have more pics of your overbite?

I also have an overbite and i'm worried that braces won't solve my bite...

do you happen to have this worry?

The awful flaring caused by the braces. Very disgusting picture(I guess my camera is too good cause you can see all my upper lip hair lol)

first day in braces
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

aznfayeth

Re: finally got elastics today!

#19 Post by aznfayeth »

aznfayeth, I have the same configuration you do, also 1/4" elastics, but heavy ones. I've had them since November 21st. My next adjustment will be next week. They didn't say how long I'm going to have to wear them.

Image Image Image[/quote]

hey what kind of progress are you having?
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

eurydice

#20 Post by eurydice »

I've had elastics the whole entire time and I'm supposed to have them until the bitter end. I'm used to them now, but I still think they look gross.... one of my little girl's friends once asked if I knew that I had a bit of spaghetti stuck in my teeth!!! If I'm going out for a really nice social event I sometimes leave the elastics off, especially if it involves eating as it's really horrible taking them off and putting them back on at a table in a restaurant!!! Plus I always lose them as well!
Braced 3 May 2005

Chris

#21 Post by Chris »

eurydice wrote: one of my little girl's friends once asked if I knew that I had a bit of spaghetti stuck in my teeth!!! !

Kids are TOO funny!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

alexa

#22 Post by alexa »

eurydice wrote:one of my little girl's friends once asked if I knew that I had a bit of spaghetti stuck in my teeth!!!
Better than my own father responding (after I told him about how the elastics felt) with, "Oh...you have elastics in there? I thought you just had really long bits of saliva hanging in there...I didn't want to say anything..."

OMG! :roll:

One would hope that if I -had- had saliva streaming from arch to arch someone would've told me! :lol:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom