Evelyn got a debanding date!!!! *PICS*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alexa

#16 Post by alexa »

YAY! :D

I'm so happy for you! Plus, you get them off on my one year anniversary of having ye ole metal mouth! :D

Anyway, congrats once again! This calls for a dancing banana!

:banana:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Destor

#17 Post by Destor »

Congrats!! Your teeth look nothing short of fantastic.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

caryca

#18 Post by caryca »

I am so happy for you!!! it will be the' perfect' day for you!!
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

ronni

#19 Post by ronni »

Wow!! I am so happy for you, Congrats!! :D Your teeth look terrific!

One question, what was your original estimate of how long it would take?

momof2grlz

#20 Post by momof2grlz »

Eve that's fantastic news! Your teeth look gorgeous. Can't wait to see your "naked" pics. Congrats!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

megan_in_pink

#21 Post by megan_in_pink »

congrads :D

what will be the frist thing you eat

Evelyn

#22 Post by Evelyn »

Thanks so much everyone! This is by far the best reaction I've gotten and it really makes me feel all the happier. Even my sister was just like 'oh....congrats...it's so funny how obsessed you are with your teeth'... :roll:

Needless to say, I think she missed the point.

I think 'regular' people without braces don't understand...they can't understand the joy that comes with brace-free-ness because they haven't been through it.

It's so great having this board to come to-it makes it ten hundred times all the sweeter.

As to what will be the first thing I eat...probably corn on the cob. Only it's not in season in March I don't think so maybe I'll have to get 'imported' corn on the cob. I don't care how bad it tastes, I just want to bite into it. Other than that I've really eaten pretty much everything with my braces-I wasn't about to limit myself like that for three and ahalf years... But it'll just be really nice to be able to eat and talk at the same time without covering my mouth and swishing with water.

And someone else asked how long the original estimate was-it was 2-2 1/2 years. Needless to say it ran over...a lot, but hey what can I do. It really wasn't anyone's fault, it was just that my impacted tooth took so long to come in. I wore my rubber bands as directed and only broke a bracket once-sometimes you really can't help how fast your teeth move.

But in the end I'm actually really thankful it ran over like that because it makes me appreciate my smile so much more-I would have never ever been this happy if all would have gone according to plan-a blessing in disguise.

I better stop before this becomes an essay as well, but thanks so much everyone I really appreciate all the great feedback!
Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Betty Bat

#23 Post by Betty Bat »

Congratulations! You really do have beautiful teeth.

May you live a long and happy "post-brace" life and serve as an example to the rest of us who may give up hope now and then.

Eleni

#24 Post by Eleni »

CONGRATULATIONS on getting the date!!! Image
I think I'll have tears of joy on the day you deband. Another impacted canine club member at the finish line. Six more months for me and I'll be joining you. Can't wait to see pictures of your pretty teeth and new retainer.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

Jenn17780

#25 Post by Jenn17780 »

CONGRATS!!!! Eat popcorn, nuts, apples, carrots..and all other food for us who still have braces! =)!

nvcarissa

#26 Post by nvcarissa »

Woohoo!! Congratulations! Your teeth look great and I know what a long hard slog this has been for you. I can't wait to see your naked teeth!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

missing_tooth

#27 Post by missing_tooth »

I'm more impressed by the lig choice though. Think a 27 year old can pull those off without looking too silly?
Of course you can. I'm 32 and will be a color fool. I'm going blue to be on the safe side at first. Then I want to try things like neon green.

Like I always say, it's all between the ears. I've met old 25 year olds, and young 80 year olds. One old guy ( 70's ) I knew broke his back riding a shopping cart back to his car.

TheUnk311

#28 Post by TheUnk311 »

Wow, congrats. That's a long time!

Evelyn

#29 Post by Evelyn »

I just realized I did my math wrong...That's 8 days shy of 3 1/2 years, not 7 as I had written. Man that excitement really does get to your brain...

Another thing I realized today, March 1st is Ash Wednesday! I'm thinking about going to church before school in the morning and getting the ashes on my forehead to wear around all day for luck hehe I'm supersticious like that and I'm going to church anyways I might as well go before school...it's not like I'll actually get any sleep the night before anyway...

Oh I can't wait!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Clo

#30 Post by Clo »

Oh my, this is bad news ...
Because this means you are leaving us soon. And I just liked to read
your posts. I truly mean this, you wrote such lovely and nice things here.
I hope you will continue to pop in from time to time after all is done !!!

Hey, of course this is great news !
CONGRATULATIONS !