Post-braces meal?...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

megan_in_pink

#16 Post by megan_in_pink »

corn on the cob or toccos and skittles. I am bring skittles with me when i get my braces off!LOL

Retrogirl82

#17 Post by Retrogirl82 »

Wow, GOOD question! Well, I know I am going out to lunch or dinner to celebrate ;) So, here are some things I may want to eat:

BIG Asian salad from Applebees-- it has all the crispy seasame noodles, lettuce, nuts, etc that I am going to ENJOY!

buffalo wings! God, how I miss those... :lol:

a huge sundae topped with all the fudge I can eat (since I'm worried about chocolate staining the ligs, I hardly eat hot fudge in public anymore) :cry:

This is going to be GREAT
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)

Nikkiekoala

#18 Post by Nikkiekoala »

My list is a steak, beef jerky, and bite into a sandwich normally (right now I cut my sandwiches). I eat popcorn now with braces even tho' I am not suppose to. I am just careful. I eat maybe a couple at a time no big handfulls that way I can be sure there isn't any unpopped kernels. I love popcorn too much plus we have the ability to make popcorn exact like the theater so it is especially yummy.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

stargirl

#19 Post by stargirl »

The only things that I don't eat now, that I was able to before are corn on the cob and apples... so I'm not really missing much...

I'm kind of worried though. Once I get my braces off will my teeth feel loose? I'd be scared to bite into something hard the day I am debanded...

spragers

#20 Post by spragers »

My celebratory "meal" will be a king-size Snickers :D

nvcarissa

#21 Post by nvcarissa »

So bbq baby back ribs and corn on the cob is a definite candidate.
Oh yeah. I skipped the Best of the West Rib Cookoff last year because of my braces. I haven't had corn on the cob or a whole apple since these things went on.

And I want to eat a wrap! Flour tortillas are yummy, but gummy and they are a real pain to clean out of the grill work.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

eurydice

#22 Post by eurydice »

I agree, you may be ok to eat pretty much anything you like right now, I can manage Peanuts, cashews etc, doritos, pizza - even the crust - and even things like apples and hard fruit, but of course I just don't bite into them, I chop it up first. The only things I really haven't been able to eat are seeds as they're just too tiny and take ages to clean out and really crusty, chewy bread. And I do miss curry - so I have one about 2 days before a lig change - 2 days so that my curry breath doesn't upset the ortho, and then if the ligs change colour it doesn't matter anyway!!
Braced 3 May 2005