about to be braced but with what?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ShortyRocK

#16 Post by ShortyRocK »

so its up to the ortho to pick between a power chain or ligatures?

ShortyRocK

#17 Post by ShortyRocK »

and one last qustion is it me or is there no ligs here sorry to be a pain in the neck

i have a gap in my two front teeth so that means i might get a power chain...they arent that much more noticeable

Anticipator

#18 Post by Anticipator »

ShortyRocK wrote:and one last qustion is it me or is there no ligs here sorry to be a pain in the neck

i have a gap in my two front teeth so that means i might get a power chain...they arent that much more noticeable
There are ligs there, they're just a very light color and blend in with the bracket/teeth.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

Anticipator

#19 Post by Anticipator »

Meryaten wrote:Shoot! Good call, Anticipator - I had to get the screen really close to my eyes (like 2 inches!) to spot them - bad screen on this laptop, honest! :lol:

Anyway, it's still true that you can get self-ligating brackets.
My brother donated his old computer monitor to me just a few weeks ago when he upgraded his system. My previous one was soooo dark that I could only see really high contrast items -- if I was lucky text on background. :shock:

It's nice to be able to see the details again.:)

BTW, I think that my ligs (silver) blend in nearly that well, except for where they're twisted into figure eights. Perhaps they blend in too well. May have to experiment with the color wheel a bit next appointment. :twisted:
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

ShortyRocK

#20 Post by ShortyRocK »

yeah im going to ask for grey or silver so they dont look too bright and color ful