safe tooth whitening-advice please

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarahlp

safe tooth whitening-advice please

#1 Post by sarahlp »

Hi all,

I am having my braces off next month!!!!

I would really like to have my teeth whitened but cant afford to get it done at the dentist as it costs so much. Can anyone recommend a safe tooth whitening systme that I can use at home? There is so many options out there that I feel lost and I do not want to damage my teeth.

Thanks all so much.

Sarah (UK)

Liza Bee

#2 Post by Liza Bee »

Congratulations, Sarah!

My husband is a dentist so when my two oldest kids got their braces off, he made custom trays for them and gave them Premier whitening gel 21%. The Zoom whitening system is lightening fast but very, very expensive. Premier was a longer process--30min. to 1 hour every day for 2 weeks--but it worked fantastic. Plus, six months later, they can do it again to brighten up.

Having said that, my husband has had patients that have very nice results using the Crest Whitening Strips. Custom trays that saturate your teeth with whitening gel have the advantage of working well between teeth. Sometimes the Crest strips are not able to get all areas whitened. But with a nice set of freshly straightened teeth, this could be negligible or no problem at all.

Liza

sarahlp

#3 Post by sarahlp »

Thankd for all your help guys!

sarah x x x x