Going to Ortho tomorrow!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicity_and_reece_mommie

Going to Ortho tomorrow!!

#1 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

I have an appointment tomorrow with my ortho. He is going to go over my x-ray's and they told me that he was going to put spacers in but he told me that I didn't need spacers. So will he put my braces on? Anyone else not had to have spacers and your ortho put your braces on instead? Just wondering. I hope he puts my braces on so I will be that much closer to getting them off!!! Sounds stupid but trying to look at it in a positive way. If he doesn't put them on then I have to go back on Jan. 23 to get them. Just thought that I would keep ya'll up to date.

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

The day I thought I was getting spacers, I got my braces. I was very excited, hope the same happens to you! Good luck tomorrow.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Megera_S

#3 Post by Megera_S »

I didn't get spacers either so my first appoitment (basically) after pictures etc was brace day.
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

#4 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Thanks everyone. I'm really nervous...I don't really know why. I work with teeth everyday. I know it will be ok. Thanks again.

Anticipator

#5 Post by Anticipator »

I didn't need spacers either. I have brackets all the way on the second molars both top and bottom.

Your results may vary.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

Jade

#6 Post by Jade »

Good Luck!
I hope that everything goes well for you and you get your braces on!

Jade

#7 Post by Jade »

Don't know why it makes me double post ??

momof2grlz

#8 Post by momof2grlz »

Congrats on starting your journey. You usually only get spacers if you're going to need molar bands. My molars weren't banded until 4 months after my upper braces were put on so I didn't get spacers at first.
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

#9 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Well my appointment went well today! I did have to get 1 spacer on the right top, so I go back Jan. 23 to get top brces on and I don't know when I will get the bottom on sometime in my treatment. My spacer hasn't hurt so far....Thank God!!! I already had a space because I had a tooth extracted when I was a teen but it has closed up some. So I still have another 2 weeks before I get my braces....I can't wait to get this over with!!!

Flora2006

#10 Post by Flora2006 »

yeah today i had my appointment as well...only for me it was to get braces...i was so mad when he said that we would only be doing the top braces first...i wanted the whole thing over with...but he promised me that it would not delay the process...but yeah so far i just want to rip the braces off...its such a pain