Overheard "Archwire.com" at the Ortho today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeepGirl

Overheard "Archwire.com" at the Ortho today

#1 Post by JeepGirl »

I was sitting in the "adult room" at the ortho today to have both my wires changed and to have my spacers (yeah) taken out. I was also getting molar bands around two of my crowns- which was interesting in itself because one of my crowns came loose. :oops: The assistant was nice enough to go next door to the dentist office and get some temporary cement for my crown.

The person next to me in the "adult room" was getting her braces put on. The assistant was explaining things to her and I overheard the patient saying, "Oh I know what those are, I heard about them from Archwire.com!" How cool is that! :wink: I would have liked to have joined in the conversation but having ortho work kind of makes things difficult.

Anyways, I am off next to my dentist to get that pesky crown fixed. I go back in 6 weeks for new wires. Oh, and I graduated to those "heat activated" thick wires. Right now my teeth feel good mostly because most of my discomfort is with my crown not sitting correctly. Oh and y'all were correct.....spacers have been the worst part of my experience so far. But that being said, it hasn't been that bad overall. If you are on the fence about getting braces...DO IT! :lol:

And Good Luck to the fellow member of Archwire.com who was in the chair next to me today. We're buddies! :-88

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

It makes my day to read that!

Way way cool. Thanks for posting it! :wink:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!