Airport Security

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jessie2099

Airport Security

#1 Post by Jessie2099 »

Do braces set off airport security by any chance??? :?: :!:

Jessie2099

#2 Post by Jessie2099 »

Sorry not airport security per se.....doh ! Those metal detector things that you walk through ! :oops:

Metal Mouth Guy

#3 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Nope...

MMG

dkt3

#4 Post by dkt3 »

Ive been through airport detectors with mine with no probs. In fact I didnt even think about setting it off!

Anticipator

#5 Post by Anticipator »

Daily trip through a metal detector for me and so far no beeps.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

Never had any part of braces set off THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. in airports. That would be a huge hassle if they ever did. :roll: I once wore overalls to the airport and every single button beeped! Such a pain! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

Tin Man

#7 Post by Tin Man »

I've never heard of anyone setting off the large detector that you walk through. One of the times that I've been wanded (for some reason I always wind up getting wanded) it went off when the were passing my mouth. I was afraid they might make and issue and want to take a look in there but they didn't much to my relief. I've been wanded I think 4 times since getting braces and it only happened that one time, so I guess it's a fluke.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#8 Post by nahky »

Lucyloop wrote:...Is that not a bit worrying though? Does that mean that nutcases can walk through with stuff hidden in their mouths without being detected? :?

LUCY xxx
I assume there isnt that much great deal of metal traces in braces.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

nvcarissa

#9 Post by nvcarissa »

I been through airport THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. since being braced and no problems at all. I have also been through THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. in Washington, D.C. and the Federal Courthouse in Reno, NV with no problems.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Metal Mouth Guy

#10 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Lucyloop wrote:...Is that not a bit worrying though? Does that mean that nutcases can walk through with stuff hidden in their mouths without being detected? :?

LUCY xxx
Doesn't work that way, Lucy... If it did, you'd be enjoying cavity searches at the airport. The magnetometer detects metal kind of like an x-ray sees through skin. You can't hide cavities through your cheeks, right?

Got a buddy with a bunch of metal in his leg from a scooter wreck (he figures about 12oz worth). He sets off THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.. I've got a belt buckle that weighs an ounce.... It sets off THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR..

So relax.

MMG

2XRound

Indignities

#11 Post by 2XRound »

When I travel I get wanded because I refuse to remove my jewelry fo fear it will get lost or get stolen. When I am wanded I set of the wand when they get to my chest and to my cheeks. I just flash them the biggest grin I can muster and they leave me alone. :tingrin:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

littleshaddies

#12 Post by littleshaddies »

Hmmm
When I was wanded I actually asked the bloke myself to check if my braces will beep. He loughed but did it and no, no beep at all. Maybe depends on how much metal you have in your mouth. The wires were not enough to set it off for me.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

bbsadmin

#13 Post by bbsadmin »

Your braces won't set off airport security, but you will be able to pick up the signals from the radio tower from them once you're in the air!

Just kidding! :-*
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!