Getting Braces 1/20/06

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

StacyJo

Getting Braces 1/20/06

#1 Post by StacyJo »

I am 36 and have wanted to straighten my teeth since I've been 15...it's finally going to happen on 1/20/06. I am so excited ......it's all I want to talk about!! When are they going to have the chat room working ?? :)
Thank you all for posting your stories, pictures and words of wisdom. I've learned so much.

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Welcome to the board!

Good luck with getting started...it's a long process, but I have a feeling, it
ll all be worth it! ;)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Welcome to the board, I just signed on yesterday but everyone has been really sweet :) Let us know how it goes with the braces!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Gel

#4 Post by Gel »

good luck! and enjoy the journey!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

BlueeyedManda

#5 Post by BlueeyedManda »

Welcome Welcome Welcome. I was excited too. It really is a rewarding experience and honestly you learn alot about yourself, patience, acceptance, and you learn to cope. It sounds corny but I always thought I had patience. Well I didn't have as much as I thought. :) Feel free to ask some questions and make yourself at home. We know how you are feeling.

Jade

Re: Getting Braces 1/20/06

#6 Post by Jade »

StacyJo wrote:it's all I want to talk about!!
I know how you feel StacyJo! My boyfriend is getting pretty sick of me asking what color ligs I should get, and if I should go with metal or Ceramic brackets...hehehe

Thats why it's great to come here and vent sometimes, ask questions, and get some good opinions!!

Welcome abord!

missing_tooth

#7 Post by missing_tooth »

I am 36 and have wanted to straighten my teeth since I've been 15...it's finally going to happen on 1/20/06.
Sharing your excitement. Tell you what, I'll go first on the 19th and tell you how it goes. :wink: