Getting Braced in January?!?!?!?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bajanrose

#31 Post by bajanrose »

I'm also being braced in January, I have two appointments, Jan 11th and 12th so I guess it's one of those days or both?? I'll keep ya'll posted.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Anticipator

#32 Post by Anticipator »

bump... for impending bracefaces!
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

jrbecca

#33 Post by jrbecca »

I'm in this club, too! I get spacers in on Jan. 5. and braces fitted on Jan. 18. It will be nice to have a group of online comrades to go through the experience with. Best of luck to all!

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

HeadgearJoe

Re: Getting Braced in January?!?!?!?!

#34 Post by HeadgearJoe »

felicity_and_reece_mommie wrote:I'm getting my braces on January 9th. Is anyone else getting braces in January?
i just want to welcome all our metalmouth newbies , yes january sounds like a HEAVYMETAL month all aboard
==========================
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Granola

#35 Post by Granola »

I too am supposed to be braced in January! I am currently having a problem with a tooth that won't settle down after having a crown placed in December (I have the permanent crown seated temporarily, and am afraid I'm facing a dreaded root canal), and hoping it won't delay my brace date.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

CoCain

#36 Post by CoCain »

My date is Jan 5th, only a couple of days left now..........

lainey

#37 Post by lainey »

I'm getting mine on Friday 13th too. I am scared, but weirdly the closer it gets the more excited I am that I'm finally doing something about my teeth

texasangel

#38 Post by texasangel »

Good luck to everyone getting braces soon.

My 1 year anniversary - Jan. 10th is coming up and it really doesn't seem like I've had my braces on for A YEAR ! Hopefully I will get them off in February.
After the brackets were put on I thought to myself - OH MY GOSH what have I done ! But after a few days it gets better and you get use to these things being in your mouth.

Good Luck Everyone !!!
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

lainey

#39 Post by lainey »

Thanks Karen,
My brace date has been pushed back to the 31st now because I need spacers put in first - they're going in this Friday. I'm hoping they aren't too bad because I have a date the next day!
It's so great that this forum exists. I feel much happier about the whole experience knowing so many other people are doing it too - even if most of you are all the way away in the US!