Before Pics - Getting braced 1/20/06

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

StacyJo

Before Pics - Getting braced 1/20/06

#1 Post by StacyJo »

OK...Ok ...I know I posted earlier this week saying I am getting braced on 1/20/06 but I just had to post again with pictures. I enjoy seeing everyone else's before, during and after photos so I thought I'd share mine. Ignore the pen marks on the teeth that the ortho made while explaining what he hopes to achieve with the braces.

Getting my blender ready !!!

missing_tooth

#2 Post by missing_tooth »

man I am not looking forward to those lip spreaders

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

the lip spreaders are honestly not too bad...at least i didn't find them that bad...they are annoying in the beginning but after 3-4 minutes you kind of get used to it. i was concentrating so much on how stupid i must have been looking that if there was any discomfort, i didn't feel it ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

drazda

#4 Post by drazda »

The lip spreaders aren't bad, and aren't painful at all. I do agree with kiwi though, chapstick is a must.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

weird_wired

#5 Post by weird_wired »

Wow your bottom teeth already look nearly perfect - they surely won't take long?

n216

#6 Post by n216 »

the lip spreaders are the worst i hate them i hope i never brake off a bracket i never want those things stuck on my lips again
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05

Marzipan

#7 Post by Marzipan »

The lip spreaders did not bother me much. I was careful to use lip balm first. Even the part about keeping the mouth dry was not a problem. There was a thing put in the mouth to keep my tongue back (so it wouldn't get moisture on the teeth), and I could still swallow. So really it wasn't bad at all.

nimo

#8 Post by nimo »

StacyJo, your top teeth look a lot like mine. With the way your molars align inside the bottom of your teeth (I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I'm not sure what it's called) how are they going to fix that? Mine do that only on one side, and I'm thinking they're going to end up using surgery for me.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008