Braces on yesterday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krennen

Braces on yesterday

#1 Post by krennen »

Feeling a little down today. The braces went on yesterday and I have found that I can't really chew. To back up a little I had 4 bicuspids removed Dec 28. No problem there except for the dry socket 3 days later. :( Chewing was hard with the four missing spacesbut at least I could. Now my molars don't meet in back because my front teeth can't go over the bottom brackets. Now I'm wondering how long before the space fills in and I have some chewing surface. The ortho said about 6 months UGH Anyone have this kind of experience?

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I do...i can't bite down at all because i have a dental crossbite so the bracket on that tooth hits my lower tooth if i try to bite down...hopefully it will get aligned soon because i need to get some decent food in my body instead of just relying on mash potatoes, yogurt and soup...

Did you get all your teeth braced or just the top for now? Are you feeling any pain or anything like that? (besides when you try to eat)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Gel

#3 Post by Gel »

congrats on getting your barces!
We all understand about not being able to chew! Tender teeth keep us from doing that. Just eat soups and yogurts and any other really soft, unchunky things!
I had four bicuspids removed so I sympathize with you there.
Don't worry, things will get better as your journey and your teeth progress!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

krennen

#4 Post by krennen »

Thanks for the replies. I guess misery does love company. This site has already been a boost for me. :) Nice to know that others are in the same boat as me! To answer your question I had ceramic brackets put on top and metal on the bottom.