Hi everyone!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LizzyG

Hi everyone!

#1 Post by LizzyG »

Hi everyone, I'm new :oops: I've been lurking for a while and finally registered.

I'm 28 years old and I'm getting braces for the first time ever on 10th February :shock:

I'm having Damon braces upper and lower. I'm afraid I don't really know any of the technical terms, but I do know that my teeth are horribly crowded!

I'm pretty scared of the process but I'm so looking forward to getting lovely, straight teeth!!! :D

Also, I'm getting married on 8th July this year, and everyone thinks I'm totally mad not waiting till after the wedding to get braced. BUT I hate my teeth so much that I'd rather look back and see my brace than my horrible wonky teeth. No one understands though.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi! (Probably posted in the wrong forum?)

TheSilverSmileChileno

#2 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

you are in the right forum

and WELCOME!! BIENVENIDO!

All i can say my friend, is that the earliest the better.

and congras on your decision.

Yury

PD see my post with my pictures, to see the improvement ;)
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

mackenzie

#3 Post by mackenzie »

Hi, congrats!

And you can always get your braces edited out of your wedding photos. I think it's easier to edit braces off straight teeth too then to make crooked teeth look straight, so I'm sure you could have a perfect smile if you wanted to! Technology can do almost anything!

LizzyG

#4 Post by LizzyG »

Thanks for all your replies :D

I go from feeling really excited about eventually getting straight teeth, to feeling scared about the braces - will I adjust to them? Will I be able to eat ok?

But all you guys are coping fine so hopefully I will too.

And I hadn't thought of editing out the braces from the wedding photo's - good idea!

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006