PICTURES... do you think I'm progressing slowly?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pixie

PICTURES... do you think I'm progressing slowly?

#1 Post by Pixie »

I've had my braces on for a year, but I REALLY don't feel like I have that much progress with my teeth. Everybody else seems to have such a quick progression, and well... I don't. Plus, my teeth are getting WORSE in some aspects. My right front tooth on the top now sticks out a lot more than the rest, and this was never an issue. I don't know, what do you think?

This is before my braces... sometime in 2004.

About two months after being braced, March 2005.

May 2005

September 2005

And this is what they're like now.

Somebody encourage me, because I'm feeling like there's never any change and I'm going to be trapped in these things forever. :([/i]

stargirl

#2 Post by stargirl »

Your teeth look so awesome!

There has definitely been a lot of progress!

Sometimes I know that I feel like nothing's happening, but I just remind myself that my teeth will eventually be nice and straight! You have to look forward to that! :D

Good luck with the rest of your treatment, and I hope you start to feel better about your progress.

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

Your teeth sure look beautiful in that last photo

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Evelyn

Re: PICTURES... do you think I'm progressing slowly?

#4 Post by Evelyn »

Pixie wrote:I've had my braces on for a year, but I REALLY don't feel like I have that much progress with my teeth. Everybody else seems to have such a quick progression, and well... I don't.
I'd love to meet this 'everybody' lol

There are a lot of people who see progress quickly but there are just as many who don't. Your teeth look really nice to begin with so there's really not that much to improve from what I can see. Finishing touches take forever-the bite, midlines, etc. You won't be in braces forever, trust me.

Sometimes when things seem like they're taking absolutely forever, you just need to step back and put it all in perspective. As bad as it sounds, losing interest kind of helped pass the time for me. Develop new hobbies or further an artistic talent you have, anything to pass the time and keep your mind off your teeth.

It'll end.......someday......

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

drazda

#5 Post by drazda »

What exactly is wrong with your teeth in the last picture? To me, that's what perfection looks like.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

dena

#6 Post by dena »

Pixie: I think your teeth look awesome! I don't know, but I think you may be frustrated because your teeth were pretty straight to begin with...so there's been a lot of progress with just a little movment. I think some others have lots and lots of movement that needed to take place, so the results are rapid and very noticeable. Anyway, just I thought. I think your teeth look awesome!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

missing_tooth

#7 Post by missing_tooth »

You need braces? Kind of surprised you got braces in the first place. Yeah they are slightly off, hardly noticable though. But like others said, the last pic looks good.

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

Evelyn wrote:
Pixie wrote:I've had my braces on for a year, but I REALLY don't feel like I have that much progress with my teeth. Everybody else seems to have such a quick progression, and well... I don't.

There are a lot of people who see progress quickly but there are just as many who don't. Your teeth look really nice to begin with so there's really not that much to improve from what I can see. Finishing touches take forever-the bite, midlines, etc. You won't be in braces forever, trust me.
Wow! I totally agree with you EVE and pixie! OMg! I've had my braces for about 21 months and I still feel like I've seen very little progress! :shock: :x

Pixie: Your teeth are looking lovely! Very nice and straight! Congrats! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) I think like Stargirl said are teeth are improving we just really don't notice the movement! :?

Good luck! :thumbsup:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

TheSilverSmileChileno

#9 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

I definitely see progress there!! good job!

you also have very nice lips!

so yummy :oops: hahaha
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

Pixie

#10 Post by Pixie »

Thank you. :D I guess I feel kind of silly when I take a step out of my own perspective, I've just been so aggravated with my ortho lately...

I know my teeth weren't that crooked in the first place and that might be why I feel like I'm not seeing much progress, but the things I needed corrected were less noticeable things-- the crowding on my lower teeth was getting painful in some areas and I originally had a very deep bite. (I couldn't even get my bottom braces on until almost 10 months after I first got the uppers...)

But thanks, I feel a lot better about this. Just one more year... one more year...

Pixie

#11 Post by Pixie »

And... if my teeth look so good, apparently... why do I have at least another year estimated in these suckers? :(

TheSilverSmileChileno

#12 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

Pixie wrote:And... if my teeth look so good, apparently... why do I have at least another year estimated in these suckers? :(

orthos always put a gigantic estimated time, in case something goes wrong... in the first year they should take x-rays again to see how is ur progress really going, there they can tell you how long you have to wait.

Yury
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

alexa

#13 Post by alexa »

One reason you may have a year left in braces might be that you've only had the bottom braces for a short time, and you have a lot of bite work to be completed. They need the bottom braces to work on that, so the first 10 months you had just uppers was only working on aligning that arch, so now you have to work on getting both arches in tune with each other.

Just a thought.

For the record though, your teeth are looking swell! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Chris

#14 Post by Chris »

Evelyn wrote:

Sometimes when things seem like they're taking absolutely forever, you just need to step back and put it all in perspective. As bad as it sounds, losing interest kind of helped pass the time for me. Develop new hobbies or further an artistic talent you have, anything to pass the time and keep your mind off your teeth.

It'll end.......someday......

Eve
I couldn't have said it better myself, Eve.

Teeth look awesome. Some teeth do seem to take forever to move. Kind of like adult children. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007