A new gap: is this normal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lesdents

A new gap: is this normal?

#1 Post by lesdents »

I had my upper premolars extracted, and now have a light powerchain on to pull the fang-like incisors back and down into their new places.

The braces are attached to the two front teeth, but not to the second ones.

Over the past couple of weeks, a noticeable gap has opened up between my two front teeth. I guess that all the pulling from either side caused this, but those teeth were just right before any treatment began.

Have you all had similar experiences where your teeth moved in unintended directions? Do things have to get worse before they can get better?

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Sorry to tell ya, but your teeth are probably going to do wonky things throughout treatment. Gaps open up and close all of the time...just rest assured that when you are done, they will all be closed the way they should be! :wink:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom