Accident

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Norelly

Accident

#1 Post by Norelly »

I had a little accident last night, while playing with my bf I sat on his lap, he leaned backwards and we both fell, it sounds silly, but it was not funny at all :oops: . I fell flat on my face, since I was laughing my lips barely got cut but 2 front teeth got hurt, I started bleeding and they felt loose, I even had a little movement, the moved a little backwards missaligning my arch, today I made an emergency appointment got x rays done and everything seemed to be ok, of course I had swelling and I had an extra wire put in so my teeth wouldn't be loose and the bone would get steady again, the bad thing is that I was at the end of my treatment and now I
have to wait until the bone is stable, and I'll be in observation getting x rays etc. bummer. The good thing is the ortho said that if it wasn't for my braces I would of lost both teeth. :?

Take care of your teeth you guys because it's a horrible feeling to think that you might loose them!

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Oh MY!

I wish you the best and also for the long term with that.

You poor thing!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

NotBob1

#3 Post by NotBob1 »

Owww. Sorry to hear that. You have my sympathies...... It may not seem so now, but it sounds like you lucked out in the end.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Oh no, I'm glad that they were able to get them stable.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

Ok kelly, what time tomorrow are you getting braced? I'm 7:30 am PST

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

That's awful!

I'm glad it looks like you're going to be okay though, and your teeth will regain stability.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

what happenned is unfortunate but thank god you had the braces on and they prevented you loosing 2 teeth. I hope your bone gets better real soon!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Jade

#8 Post by Jade »

Oh my gosh,
the thought of that just made me cringe..
It's good that it will get better though...
I hope you are feeling better...
give yourself some good TLC!

Norelly

#9 Post by Norelly »

Thanks !! I feel better, if you see me you can't notice anything happened,
I was having a very crappy braces day, I wanted nothing to do with them, but the saved my teeth so I guess that's good. :roll: