Here we go

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Here we go

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I know I've been making several posts about my getting braced tomorrow. I hope I'm not coming across as self centered. It's just seems to be a big emotional rollercoaster ride.

I didn't eat too much for dinner tonight. My appetite seemed to just up and leave. I just ate what I could deep in thought, thinking very reflectively. Perhaps the reality of it is really hitting me. I really questioned what I was doing. I couldn't help but think about how my dentist told me they could brace a quarter of my mouth to bring the cainin down. Do I really need to do all this? Do I really need to do this now? Did I really need to spend this much money? Will I loose more teeth later if I wait? Maybe I could take some shortcuts?

But I do know this is best for me in the long run. I really got a good price for my whole treatment. I've seen my orthos work and it's amazing. Even a cashier at the store who didn't have braces knew of my ortho and commented on how several of her friends used him. She went on to say how excellent his work was. I believe I've got a personable othro who does good work.

As for the foods I've eaten this week, the forbidden carmel apple, nachos with all the extras, among others messy dishes. Tonight I ate sweet and sour chicken with egg drop soup, along with chicken chow mein.

// 11 Hours and counting

- Missing Tooth -

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

You've come this far, and I know you REALLY want to do this. Even though my case isn't as complicated as yours, I still had the same feelings before I got braces, which is why I put it off for so long. Now that I have my braces, I'm extremely glad I finally got them, and I'm sure you won't have any regrets either. Good luck tomorrow!!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

missing_tooth

#3 Post by missing_tooth »

You've come this far, and I know you REALLY want to do this.
Thanks, and of course that is the truth. I told my wife this whole thing is mentally exhausting. I'll try to get a decent nights sleep. Unlikely though. Oh well, I'll be out of the orthos office before I know it.

- Missing Tooth -

NotBob1

#4 Post by NotBob1 »

Keep with it. You are doing the right thing. I went through all of this as well. I got hooked up with all of the extra hardware today. I'm already doing better.....

You'll be fine and relaxed about it about a week into it. Promise!

Better to do it all, no shortcuts. Shortcuts always end up in a result that will make you do it again.

Let us know tomorrow how you are doing!
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Kell

#5 Post by Kell »

Does it help you to know that your not alone? I could have written your post almost word for word. I had no appetite at all last night because I am so nervous. Everything is going to be great though. It will be worth all the trouble.

I want my teeth to be straight so that I can keep them clean and healthy and keep them forever. I think that is a good reason to go through all this now. In the grand scheme of things this period in our lives is just a drop in the bucket.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

Thanks Kelly. I'm actually kind of glad someone is having this done the same day as me. Last night was terrible. I think I got 3 hours of sleep along with a pretty strange dream.

In any event, I gotta leave in 10 minutes. I'll post when I get back.

A big thank you to everyone here!!!

- Missing Tooth -