Any good ortho in Manassas or Centreville, VA area???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

Any good ortho in Manassas or Centreville, VA area???

#1 Post by poloaa »

I have no idea where to find an info to get a good ortho in my areas. I live close to manassas and centreville areas in VA, can anyone help me if u have an ortho close to these areas?? thanks so much. *i am now 34, and i hope i am not too late to find it now*
:lol:

Shoegal

#2 Post by Shoegal »

I go to Dr. Dwyer (of Dwyer and Kray) in Waynesboro/Staunton. I have had the best treatment there. I am sure there is something closer. Have you asked your dentist?

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

thanks for your replies, but my stupid dentist said he knows no ortho????????????? I know it is stupid, but this is what he said. = (

po

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

A fellow Northern Virginian!!! I'm more in the Vienna/Oakton area but I'll give you a list of all of the well-known orthodontists around here:

There's Dr. McDonough in Fairfax (I think he's also in Centreville), Dr. McGrath in Oakton, and Dr. Garai in Vienna.

There's a good site where you can put in your zip code and then it gives you a list of accredited orthodontists and tells you which school they went to etc. called the orthodontist locater http://www.braces.org/eseries/ScriptCon ... erral.html

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

chrisd

#5 Post by chrisd »

try the american association of orthodontists website.
chris

poloaa

#6 Post by poloaa »

thanks again

Aleanne1980

Ortho

#7 Post by Aleanne1980 »

If you're in the Reston area for work, Dr. Tisseront is excellent (I've only ever seen him, but for me, he's great!). The office is clean and friendly, and very professional, and they are as gentle as they can be.

Cissa

#8 Post by Cissa »

Wow, I used that ortho finder just to try it, and my ortho was the first one to pop up! Crazy!

poloaa

#9 Post by poloaa »

Hi all, is me again, i m still looking for the closest ortho, i have a small kid w/me, so i have to find the one is as close to my house as possible. I know the one called Allen Garai (in Vienna) is good, but little bit far for me, what do u guys think? I wonder how often do u all have to go to check the ortho? (including the wire breaks...etc), thanks. Appreciate for all the replies.

po

Evelyn

#10 Post by Evelyn »

Vienna! My home turf.... I've heard many good things about Dr. Garai, a lot of my friends had him. He was actually my friend's orthodontist who had her impacted canines uncovered the same time I did but hers came down within a month-so hey, he can't be that bad!

Although I don't have him myself, I've only ever heard good things about him.

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002

poloaa

#11 Post by poloaa »

Hi eve, u said dr. McDonough, is his first name James D.?? Is he good? Is he expensive? Pls let me know, thanks.

Po

Evelyn

#12 Post by Evelyn »

Poloaa, I sent you a pm with all the juicy details in it, let me know if you don't get it

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002

poloaa

#13 Post by poloaa »

Eve, i have sent u the pm too, have u got it? thanks.
Po

Evelyn

#14 Post by Evelyn »

yep got it
Braced September 9, 2002