Lig fading question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OceanGirl

Lig fading question

#1 Post by OceanGirl »

Do some colour ligs seem to fade or stain faster then others. I've had a lot of different colours since I've been braced. I think the fastest to fade/stain was the orange ones I had for halloween. Red ones seemed to stain fairly quickly as well. I think the yellows and pink ones I've had seemed to stain the least as well as the green ones I had for Christmas. I don't smoke or drink tea or coffee. I have the occasional pop. I don't really eat anything that would stain them that much.

What colour ligs did you have that faded/stained the quickest. I'd like to avoid those as much as possible.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

i just got my braces not too long ago so i've only had clear ones...so far they haven't really stained just because i am so paranoid to stain them that i basically only drink water but yeah..i would guess that the clear ones stain the most

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Lyn

#3 Post by Lyn »

This last time I had WHITE put on, instead of my usual clear.

They have not stained as quickly as the clear ones. I drink tea everyday, so I am happy that they have stayed white.

I'm not daring enough to try "colors" being 41 and all. It's bad enough I have people comment about my braces and why I have them. Its better to just let them "blend in"....hahaha :lol:

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

mackenzie

#4 Post by mackenzie »

I usualy go with light pink one month and light blue the next, and I find both of them fade somewhat. I only use whitening toothpaste right before my appointment because i've found it makes them fade quite a bit.

metalmouth moi

ligs

#5 Post by metalmouth moi »

I've had light blue fade quite a bit , and light green fade also. The best to hold its colour was dark green. Must say I really got tired of the green. Couldn't wait to get them off.
(To paraphrase the BareNaked Ladies If I had a Million Dollars
But not a real green lig , thats cruel ) :D
Rambling , sorry!
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05