just got my brace date (1/27)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chrisd

just got my brace date (1/27)

#1 Post by chrisd »

well, the treatment coordinator just called to schedule my bracing appointment. next friday. :shock:

less than a week from right now i will be braced. upper ceramics, and lower metals with the possibility of those mounds of cement on my back molars to keep me from bighting my lower brackets off. looking at about 12-18 months, with elastics for most of it.

the ortho and the staff are super nice, and have been very helpful so far.

WHEWEE, I AM NERVOUS!!!! LOL quick encourage me so i dont chicken out!!

:?
CHRIS
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

missing_tooth

#2 Post by missing_tooth »

You can do it! Welcome to the world of braces. Time will fly as well. Before you know it you'll be walking out of the ortho office thinking how easy it was.

Best of luck

- Missing Tooth -

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

that is great. make sure to eat a lot of food...chocolate, hard stuff...things that you won't be able to eat for a bit when you get the braces on ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! You'll do great. I was scared to death and it went just fine.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

chrisd

#5 Post by chrisd »

thanks everyone. you guys are great. such a supportive place. i love it!

i cant tell you how many times i thought about calling and cancellling today. lol!! or how i thought that hey my bite feels better today (my bite is my big problem) maybe i dont need em?
make sure to eat a lot of food...chocolate, hard stuff...things that you won't be able to eat for a bit when you get the braces on
i am on the super two week diet/exercise like mad program as i am leaving for the carribean two days after i get my braces. that should be a nice reward for myself (hehe) :D and give me a chance to get used to things for a few days before having to go back to work. i didnt plan it this way that is just when they offered me the appointment, and i figured the sooner i get them on the better. less time to chicken out!!
thanks again. i plan to add my story as soon as i get a chance
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

sydsmom

#6 Post by sydsmom »

Congrats on your brace date, chrisd !!

Getting the things on is no big deal. Couple days later? You wanna rip your teeth out of your head. However, if you do the opposite of what I did, and use plenty of painkillers and wax (make sure to bring them with you on your trip!), you should have very little to worry about. Piece of cake! I've had a heck of a time since being braced 3 days ago, but I've actually forgotten I had them on at several points today. You'll get there too! Good luck :-)