Do you smile more

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aims

#16 Post by aims »

I smile the same, it's just that now I smile with my teeth more than before.
January 16th, 2006- Tops And Bottoms

Jesslzz 01

#17 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

I feel like smiling more and I do it a lot. Then I remember I have these gaps that make my front teeth stand out more... :GapToothed: that is the only thing that makes me close my mouth. However, having braces is a great reason to smile!!!

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

katy

#18 Post by katy »

Before braces I never smiled showing my teeth - I'd usually cover my mouth with my hand. And then when I got braces, for the first couple of months I was still self-concioius.. but now, 18 months on, my teeth are straight and look amazing - I had severe upper and lower crowding plus a chip in my upper central incisor before braces.

I am happy to grin and smile now with braces :D The only time I'm a little more self-concious is when my ligs are stained and I'm due for another appoitnment... needless to say, braces have really helped my self esteem. :P

Katy

kirst1583

#19 Post by kirst1583 »

katy wrote:Before braces I never smiled showing my teeth - I'd usually cover my mouth with my hand.
I used to do the exact same thing. As soon as I got my braces on I started smiling without caring though.
Even though my teeth didn't immediately look any better I think it was the fact that people would know I was doing something to fix them!

ren

#20 Post by ren »

I totally smile more! I used to have this habit of covering my mouth everytime I smiled or laughed. I was so self conscious of it-someone actually pointed out to me that I have braces now and don't have to cover up my mouth anymore-that I should be proud of it. Also I have to showoff how much I'm paying for them!

spragers

#21 Post by spragers »

More of the same here, before braces I would cover my mouth with my hand when I smiled. Now I smile big toothy braced grins all the time (though only for about another month :D )