If you need yet another reason to floss ...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

If you need yet another reason to floss ...

#1 Post by Betty Bat »

Flossing was hard for me when I first got my braces - just maneuvering around all that stuff and getting in all those tight spaces! I'm not very ambidextrous so it was much harder for me to do the left side than to do the right side. And, I'm in the bifocal stage of life - I have to wear my reading glasses to floss.

But, if you ever doubt that the braces are doing something, then flossing may remove those doubts. I've been finding that there are spaces between teeth (floss spaces, of course) that weren't there before. And, flossing is getting easier in some places and perhaps not as easy in others. But, I can notice progress when I floss that I didn't notice just by looking.

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

I have only had my braces on since Thursday morning and I can tell I have some new space between a couple of teeth when I floss. You can't tell by looking at them only when I floss. I was just telling my husband that I went to floss between two teeth on my upper left and it just slipped right in. That has never happened to me before because every one of my teeth have always been so tight to floss between.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Yeah same for me...although I really do want to start seeing some changes!! lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dena

#4 Post by dena »

you're right, betty! when i had my braces put on, i couldn't floss at all. within a week, i could floss between all of my teeth!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Jesslzz 01

#5 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

That is absolutely true! I'm so happy that I can floss now...And between my super tight molars too! I feel my mouth a lot more clean now than before. Another wonder of having braces :lol: !!!

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Bianca

#6 Post by Bianca »

Oh yeah, just figured that out two days ago!

I was pretty freaked out for the first week because I could not manage to floss around my molars that have the bands on them. It got to the point that I called my ortho to see if there was something wrong - and she said to give it time, the teeth would move.

And they have. I can floss all but one area now, which is amazing!

:)

It's a two year process.......

butterfly

#7 Post by butterfly »

Same here :) I already feel movement on the lowers where my expander is! Those teeth were packed together so flossing was impossible. Now there is no resistance anymore. On the other hand I cannot SEE any difference.

Also the opposite is true: When you wait for a gap to close it's a great moment to feel flossing resistance for the first time. It means: First contact!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner