Springs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Springs

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I believe on my next appointment they are going to put a spring in to make room for an impacted cainin brought down. I'm wondering if they put ligs on two teeth on the sides of the springs? Gotta have my color.

- Missing Tooth -

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

My springs have wire ties around each bracket with a spring attached to it. I have 3 springs on the lower teeth so 6 brackets had to have wire ties. I wanted color on the bottom but could only get them on 2 teeth. I got one black and one blue. It took 2 assistants to get the springs on and twist the wire tie on. I doubt a lig could hold it in place.

Here is a picture (click on it to see a larger view):
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

missing_tooth

#3 Post by missing_tooth »

Crud, that means 4 or 5 months of no color. I wonder if they could put color over top of the wire ties.

After they make room to bring the cainin down they will attach a chain to help pull it down into place, anyone know if you have ligs at that point?

- Missing Tooth -

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Hmmm, a lig might fit over everything. Maybe they could put them on and if it popped off anyway it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It would just mess up your color scheme :-#)
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

Yep you can have colors! I too had a spring for a while when my impacted canine was coming down, and I definately had lig colors. In fact I have two springs right now over my back molars and I have ligs either side of them.

Here's a pic of the impacted canine spring (with colors :wink:

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

stargirl

#6 Post by stargirl »

Yup, my ortho just put ligs right over the wire ties on either side of the spring. Hopefully you'll get them... they do a nice job of covering the sharp pokey ends of the springs!