skiing with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouth moi

skiing with braces

#1 Post by metalmouth moi »

First ski day of the season for me , and first ski day with braces ! The hill was in fair shape considering our general lack of snow this year. Yikes , did I ever have a cold mouth though :huh: ! (Didn't realize it , but I must grin constantly when I ski.) Had to take a couple of breaks to dethaw the metal.Every Canadian kid learns at a young age not to put your tongue on frosty metal in the winter, and here I am with a whole mouth full of frosty metal LOL.
: :-#)
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

Samantha08

#2 Post by Samantha08 »

LOL! I never thought about it like that. I usually go snow skiing at least once or twice a year. I havent gone since I got my braces on, though. Might have to bring the hot chocolate along! :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

I ski a ton and I haven't noticed a difference at all.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

T4raegirl

#4 Post by T4raegirl »

ya...i went to vail, colorado to snowboard...and my mouth was cold, i thought that my braces would get stuck to my tongue, but nothing happened.
*~*Live to LOVE and LOVE to live*~*
CSULB Class of 2010! Go Beach!
BrEa OlInDa HiGh ScHoOl ClaSs Of 2006!

Top Metal Braces: October 20, 2005
Lower Metal Braces: January 2006

[/url]

T4raegirl

#5 Post by T4raegirl »

ya...i went to vail, colorado to snowboard...and my mouth was cold, i thought that my braces would get stuck to my tongue, but nothing happened.
*~*Live to LOVE and LOVE to live*~*
CSULB Class of 2010! Go Beach!
BrEa OlInDa HiGh ScHoOl ClaSs Of 2006!

Top Metal Braces: October 20, 2005
Lower Metal Braces: January 2006

[/url]

EDWARD

SKIING WITH BRACES

#6 Post by EDWARD »

I BEEN IN METAL BRACES FOR 9 WEEKS. TRY SKIING WITH A HEADGEAR?

rangerchic

No problem

#7 Post by rangerchic »

I have skied all winter so far and no problems! I did notice tho my teeth were a bit more sesitive to the cold air!

Good luck

RC

EDWARD

RANGERCHIC

#8 Post by EDWARD »

HOW SENSITIVE ARE YOUR TEETH? WHAT TYPE OF BRACES
DO YOU HAVE AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WEARING BRACES?

metalmouth moi

headgear

#9 Post by metalmouth moi »

Hee Hee Edward, can just picture it. Don't think my helmet would fit over the gear though :D
Rangerchic -Packed my bag in a hurry and didn't take a neck warmer. Gonna be a must for Friday's foray. Intend to wear it up to my goggles!
Attractive LOL
Moi :-*

metalmouth moi

big mountain

#10 Post by metalmouth moi »

Hi mtbrncofn !
Do you ski at Big Mountain? Great hill, spent a week there when I lived in Calgary.What a fun place, and super skiing :D
Moi

ren

skiing w/ braces

#11 Post by ren »

I'm so envious of you guys that have skiid Colorado and Canada!! I'm hoping to visit both places! I'm closer to the moutains of NH and VT-probably practice hills for you guys! I did notice that my mouth was more sensitive to the cold w/all this metal...but no tongue getting stuck or anything & that was a relief because I remember thinking "oh no what if something happens to me". Haven't gotten to the headgear phase of it yet but I'm sure that'll be so attractive!
Renee

mtbrncofn

Re: big mountain

#12 Post by mtbrncofn »

metalmouth moi wrote:Hi mtbrncofn !
Do you ski at Big Mountain? Great hill, spent a week there when I lived in Calgary.What a fun place, and super skiing :D
Moi
Why yes I do! We love it too. It's always cool to hear how much the tourists that come down and ski here like it. Glad to hear you had fun while you were up there!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.