January Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

#46 Post by genxsis »

Count me in! Molar bands were in on the 17th, braces will be in Jan. 31st.

Aurelia

#47 Post by Aurelia »

awww thanks guys for your advice, it really helps. I know its going to be so worth it in the end I just hate the whole dentist thing, which is mainly the reason why I have ended up getting braces at 33 instead of 12!!! But I am shocked at myself so far that I have even been to the dentist and contemplated this, just goes to show how much I really dont like my smile.
I've got this far...may as well go the rest eh...
I will post some before and after pics up soon.

Thanks again.

:D

ssfw

#48 Post by ssfw »

Hi Aurelia,

I hope you chose an orthodontist that you like. The 2 orthodontists in the office I go to are great. Their staff are wonderful too. I think this is why I have such a positive attitude towards my ortho treatment. I think this really helps (me) and doesn't make the entire ortho experience dreadful, but everyone's different, some don't care about personality.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ssfw
Aurelia wrote:awww thanks guys for your advice, it really helps. I know its going to be so worth it in the end I just hate the whole dentist thing, which is mainly the reason why I have ended up getting braces at 33 instead of 12!!! But I am shocked at myself so far that I have even been to the dentist and contemplated this, just goes to show how much I really dont like my smile.
I've got this far...may as well go the rest eh...
I will post some before and after pics up soon.

Thanks again.

:D
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

gypsydoodlebug

#49 Post by gypsydoodlebug »

Jan. 12 here, with two build-ups on my left side. I can't eat much at all and have lost 7 lbs. overall. Just learned I can eat Sloppy Joes tonight, so I'm fully (and ate some protein!) for the first time tonight. I'm getting used to them and don't want to put a bullet in my brain so much anymore :roll: although I still have rubbing on my top right side and have a prominent lisp.

When my two-and-a-half year old first saw them, I told her they would make Mommy beautiful. She said, "Mommy, you ARE beautiful!"

And that's all that matters, right!?

I was nervous, too. My ortho gave me a script for Xanax, made me take one before I came in and had me bring the bottle in case I freaked out during. But I had nitrous, too, so I did ok. I have a MAJOR fear of dentists!! :shock:
Braced January 12, 2006:
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers
24-30 mos.

chrisd

#50 Post by chrisd »

brace date moved up to thursday, 1/26, at 1020 yeehaw
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

Slawdawg

#51 Post by Slawdawg »

Got surprised with spacers in on Jan. 16th, but I won't be in full metal gear until Feb. 1. Guess I just missed it. It probably would have been earlier, but I had to wait for the Jan. 31 payday to find the down payment on this equipment. I get to have a few surgeries in the future, too, so I'm just so excited! (How do you indicate sarcasm in text? I don't have a shortcut on my keyboard for that.) :roll:

Aurelia

#52 Post by Aurelia »

ssfw wrote
I hope you chose an orthodontist that you like. The 2 orthodontists in the office I go to are great. Their staff are wonderful too. I think this is why I have such a positive attitude towards my ortho treatment. I think this really helps (me) and doesn't make the entire ortho experience dreadful, but everyone's different, some don't care about personality.
Yep I can say that my ortho is one of the good guys, at first when I went to see him I didnt think so coz as soon as he said the word 'braces' I was out of that chair and home so fast! He spoke to me for ages about having the braces and really did his best to convince me it was for the best and in a years time I would be hugging him, he also said if I was his Daughter he would make me have them! He got the girls that work there to tell me about their braces and they all did there best to reassure me. I realise I need to do this for myself and as tomorrow approaches I am feeling slightly more excited now than nervous, the only thing thats a downer is the huge deposit I have to pay when they are on :(
All good things come to those that wait

Leslie022

#53 Post by Leslie022 »

Jan. 17
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

mtb_nwbraces

#54 Post by mtb_nwbraces »

January 6th 2005. Less then 6 months to go.
Braced - Jan 6th 2005
Full Metal Brackets
Teeth released from Bondage - July 25th 2006

ichephren

#55 Post by ichephren »

I got my top braces on the 20th and I had my epxosure surgery for an impacted tooth on the 23rd. I am getting my lowers on the 4th of Feb. I am over worrying about the braces since I got used to them so quickly...now about this space in my mouth, that makes me self conscious. I hope this tooth comes down really fast, but alas...Anyway, to all who are worried about getting braces, they're not that bad. I was very anxious about the whole braces look, but it's actually ok I think, especially when I figure that I'll look even better than before after I get them off. Now about this space...

ingyandbert

#56 Post by ingyandbert »

Count me in! Got mine on 1/25/06. I think one reason January is so popular is because the money in medical savings accounts becomes available in January for the calendar year. At least that was my reason.

ingyandbert

#57 Post by ingyandbert »

Count me in! Got mine on 1/25/06. I think one reason January is so popular is because the money in medical savings accounts becomes available in January for the calendar year. At least that was my reason.

NotBob1

#58 Post by NotBob1 »

Happy Anniversary, Meryaten!!!!
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Orth-ohno!

1/27/06

#59 Post by Orth-ohno! »

Had ceramic uppers and eight spacers placed on Friday. Looks like I'm in good company!

momsbracesat42

January Bracie

#60 Post by momsbracesat42 »

I had my upper braces placed on January 18. I had the archwire changed out on January 25. My technician put the square archwire on and by the 25th I couldn't even bit into a piece of toast. Now that I have the thinner round archwire I am adjusting much better.
----------