Got Neoclips today.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shawnie

Got Neoclips today.

#1 Post by Shawnie »

Today was my second adjustment and instead of getting the clear/pearl ligs they said they had something new for Ceramic braces that they liked better. (I also asked about wire ties, they do have them if I want them) So anyway I decided to try these new ligs called Neoclips.

Does anyone else have these? They do not stain, are white and criss cross on the face of the bracket, instead of going around the bracket. So the horizontal one covers the wire. (one horizontal the other vertical, like ribbon on a present) Hope this makes sense.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

if they don't stain, I would love to try them on...my first adjustment is soon, i'll be sure to ask :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

Those sound interesting. I'd love to see a picture. I'm so paranoid about staining the clear ligs I have on now. I'm sitting here right now drinking my coffee with a straw (yuck).
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Shawnie

#4 Post by Shawnie »

Meryaten
Yes you are right, they are for the GAC Mystique brackets. I had to call my Orthos office today to find out what kind of brackets I have. Found this site after I was braced. Had I found it earlier I would have be alot more informed. This site has covered topics I had never even thought of. It's also good to hear advice and comments from other actual patients, instead of reading info off of the internet where a company is just trying to promote their product or service.

KK
I think the Neoclips only come in white, but I could be wrong.

Kell
Sorry I don't have any pictures. My Ortho said that the Neoclips do not stain, I'm sure they wouldn't say that if it weren't true. As they'd have alot of unhappy patients. But me just being skeptical, will see if they stay nice and white.
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

fyrelight

#5 Post by fyrelight »

I found a website on them, with pictures:

http://www.toc-uk.com/technique-tips.html

Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Shawnie

#6 Post by Shawnie »

Thanks fyrelight, those are the Neoclips that I have. In real life they look alot less bulky than in the pictures. (Picture is magnified so much)
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

Kell

#7 Post by Kell »

Thanks for the picture. I'm pretty sure I have a different brand of bracket.

After seeing the picture I do have another question though. On the bracket there is a little blue dot. I have some of those little dots on a few of my brackets. What are they?
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Kell

#8 Post by Kell »

Thanks for the quick answer Meryaten. That's kind of what I thought but really wanted to ask. I picked at the dots last night to got them mostly off. I was hoping I wouldn't get in trouble for that.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.