how many extractions have you had so far?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

airxjordan24

how many extractions have you had so far?

#1 Post by airxjordan24 »

So far, i have had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted and 2 lower biscupids extracted.

hopefully i'm done with extractions :x . my last exeperience with the biscupids extraction was horrid. :cry:

braceface1230

#2 Post by braceface1230 »

4 wisdoms, two upper premolars, one lower premolar, and the lower right canine. 8 total. And the ortho is still concerned I won't have enough room on the top arch.

Lexy

#3 Post by Lexy »

I had 4 wisdom teeth, 2 upper bicuspids and 2 lower bicuspids extracted. The wisdom teeth removal was by far the worst experience of my life. I've got a post about it floating around here somewhere.

Do you have your braces on yet? If not, when are you scheduled to get them?
Braced: June 2005
Treatment Time: 30 months
Metal on Top and Bottom

airxjordan24

#4 Post by airxjordan24 »

Lexy wrote:I had 4 wisdom teeth, 2 upper bicuspids and 2 lower bicuspids extracted. The wisdom teeth removal was by far the worst experience of my life. I've got a post about it floating around here somewhere.

Do you have your braces on yet? If not, when are you scheduled to get them?

ouch :(

i have had the brackets and spacers on for about a week. my wire's should go in this coming monday :D

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Well all in one appointment I had 2 lower bicuspids, two lower baby teeth, my baby canines and my upper canines exposed and bonded. That's 6 teeth right there. :shock: And when I was younger I had three baby teeth pulled to make room for my other permanent teeth. And my first baby tooth was pulled at the dentist! That's 10 teeth in total! :shock: And my ortho wants to pull another upper baby tooth if it doesn't fall out soon! :( I still haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled yet either! :roll:

What a mess! :x

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment is 2/1/06 where they will bond a bracket to my cuspid which was impacted!!!!

Dark_angel

#6 Post by Dark_angel »

Ive had all 4 of my premolars removed, 2 one week 2 the next. At my first appointment i almost passed out afterwards after the second lot i was fine.

Ive also had another tooth out on my top arch a few years ago.

But i may still need another tooth out on my top arch to make some exrta room but i will protest as much as i can. I hate the needles in the roof of my mouth ugh the memories.

poloaa

#7 Post by poloaa »

Howcome i have never told to extract my 4 wisdom teeth on my consultation?? Is that better to do that or what?? pls let me know. Thanks, i m still looking for Dr.

braceface1230

#8 Post by braceface1230 »

Wisdoms are usually the first ones to be removed. Its is surprising that your ortho never mentioned that they should be. I'd ask him about them.

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

Wisdom teeth do not have to be removed prior to getting the braces...i have asked my dentist and my ortho because I thought it would be more logical as well.

Also, sometimes its better because if your wisdom teeth have not erupted and their roots are therefore really close to the nerve, getting them out could cause complications whereas if they start erupting after your teeth have moved, thus making some space for the wisdom teeth to erupt and get away from the nerve...it will end up being easier and safer to get them out...at least that's my case.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jenns91civic

#10 Post by jenns91civic »

Not everyone needs to have their wisdom teeth removed. If they fit in your mouth and aren't causing any problems, there's no reason to take them out. Mine are perfectly happy in my jaw (haven't even begun to erupt) and that is where I am leaving them until they hurt or start growing in. I know I have no room for them but if they never grow in, there's no harm in leaving them.

I had braces for a longgg time without my ortho ever mentioning my wisdom teeth.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys