Anyone found the 1st week braces experience 'interesting'?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tunkabean

Anyone found the 1st week braces experience 'interesting'?

#1 Post by Tunkabean »

Ok... I know your first responce is probably 'Is this chick for real?!'
:shock: :?

But I'm really wondering if any of you all actually didn't mind the pain. I don't mean it in a totally machocistic way ...

This is day 3 of my braces, and I'm intruged; even with the pain. The tenseness and sensitivity and blunt dull ache... it kinda reminds me of that brief moment right before you sneeze.

Anyone ever felt this? Can relate it to the sneeze?
Last edited by Tunkabean on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

Forgive me, but your post sounds awfully suspicious. I would encourage others NOT to describe their personal experience and I hope you understand why.

Tunkabean

#3 Post by Tunkabean »

Oh no no - I know it was going to sound really bad :? I guess I approached it all wrong

I more or less wanna know if people can relate the feeling of the first week, or when they get the braces tightened - the tense feeling - to that which you feel right before you sneeze

I'm new to this - forgive me if it came across wrong

dena

#4 Post by dena »

if you aren't in pain, that's awesome! keep the wax handy because pain comes and goes.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Tunkabean

#5 Post by Tunkabean »

Oh yes.... I need the wax a lot.... I really hate the cutting away of the inside of my cheeks.

I guess I don't have a sparkly smile because im drowning it in wax lol

CelestialVoices

#6 Post by CelestialVoices »

Glad you aren't in pain and best wishes for the road ahead :)

OneTime

#7 Post by OneTime »

I haven't used any wax since braced.

The first week was ok. The only thing that suck was the dieting. Got to have food.

Most of the time I don't even feel that I have braces on.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Tunkabean

#8 Post by Tunkabean »

Tunkabean ... I used to teach sexuality classes in high school in New Zealand ... do you know what we used a sneeze as an example of, so that students could understand a certain feeling
:oops: wow.... I honestly didn't think of that :? I get where you're coming from now. wow...this is embarassing

Tunkabean

#9 Post by Tunkabean »

I haven't used any wax since braced.

The first week was ok. The only thing that suck was the dieting. Got to have food.

Most of the time I don't even feel that I have braces on.
You're really lucky. Ive been waxing up 24/7. I didn't mind the diet though, since I really like soup afteral. Today is day 4 and im eating better. But I really should go rinse with some salt water soon... I can feel the soreness coming back.

Sooner or later I guess I won't feel the braces on either :)

jcdamon3

#10 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi Tunkabean,

I find the whole process fascinating! It would be even more fascinating if it went faster! :-) The pain doesn't bother me either. I look forward to adjustments. I think chewing (gum for instance) on something after an adjustment feels kind of good. I have to say though the first 1-2 weeks I was not exactly a happy camper. My teeth were not that sore but my tongue and inside of my cheeks were a wreck. It would be so awesome if they could invent smooth braces that don't cut things.

Will

#12 Post by Will »

I didn't find it quite like sneezing, i just felt really painful and couldn't eat anything the first 1.5 weeks. :x
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

Tunkabean

#13 Post by Tunkabean »

KK wrote:
Tunkabean wrote:
Tunkabean ... I used to teach sexuality classes in high school in New Zealand ... do you know what we used a sneeze as an example of, so that students could understand a certain feeling
:oops: wow.... I honestly didn't think of that :? I get where you're coming from now. wow...this is embarassing
Don't be embarrased about it Tunkabean, but I love it when I'm in email contact with an ex student and they remind me how they've never forgotten having me explain the feeling of an organism to them! It always got loads of laughs at the time ... then I used to love watching 15 year olds trying to make themselves sneeze ... thinking they weren't being watched of course! :D
Orgasam u mean 8)
I get the basic gist of it..... the tension building up, the invoulantary muscular reaction (eyes closing, neck tensing), and then the grand release! I think it's a pretty good comparision actually. I guess thats why some people describe a good sneeze as one of the simple pleasures of life. :lol:

Tunkabean

#14 Post by Tunkabean »

jcdamon3 wrote:Hi Tunkabean,

I find the whole process fascinating! It would be even more fascinating if it went faster! :-) The pain doesn't bother me either. I look forward to adjustments. I think chewing (gum for instance) on something after an adjustment feels kind of good. I have to say though the first 1-2 weeks I was not exactly a happy camper. My teeth were not that sore but my tongue and inside of my cheeks were a wreck. It would be so awesome if they could invent smooth braces that don't cut things.
Thats so true. I described it to a good friend of mine as 'Painfully Intruiging' - it really is facinating. Like u said about chewing....I find myself doing that now and then - just gently chewing on my teeth...feeling the tension. Its so weird. The bad part of it all is the cutting of the insides of my cheek....that I could do without. I wish I could just cover my entire top teeth with a film of something smooth and protective.