Braced yesterday - weird but not too bad!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lainey

Braced yesterday - weird but not too bad!!

#1 Post by lainey »

I had uppers and a palate expander put in yesterday. I was feeling pretty nervous all day but my ortho is a legend and got the whole thing done painlessly. When I first closed my mouth it felt so so odd. Like they were really sticking out and i had to wrap my lips over the top of them and I couldn't speak very well with the exapnder in.
Last night my mouth started to feel sore, but no worse than when the expanders were in, and my speech is pretty much back to normal.
I think they look a bit weird still but i'm getting used to them, and the pain isn't too bad so far.
So overall a positive experience. I just feel really glad I'm doing something about my teeth at last. As my friend said: it's the start of a beautiful new me!

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

I've been braced for exactly one week. Orthodontic wax, warm salt water swishes, and Glyoxide (available at any drug store in toothpaste aisle) are your best friends right now.

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! I hope things continue to go well for you. The second day was the worst for me and then every day after that has gotten better and better.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

lainey

#4 Post by lainey »

You're so right - after feeling a bit smug that the process had been so easy I woke up on the morning of the 2nd day in agony! Throbbing teeth, sore gums - the lot! I spent yesterday looking very glum and trying not to talk much. Today i've been taking nurofen and have slavered wax everywhere and its a definite improvement from yesterday. It can only get better right?! Glyoxide though - I haven't seen that anywhere. I'm in the UK, maybe we don't have it.