ok so it is nearly February - who is getting braced in Feb?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lin

#16 Post by Lin »

I'm getting braced tomorrow morning! Last day of January. I hope it still counts for February in spirit ;) Good luck everybody!!!

Edit: Oops, I just saw there was a January brace day thread. I guess I belong there instead! Sorry!
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06

angelxdevil21

#17 Post by angelxdevil21 »

i too am like Granola and getting braced on the 8th of febuary! good luck to evryone who is getting braced this month!

Harpua

I'm getting wired in February

#18 Post by Harpua »

Get my 4 teeth pulled next Thursday, spacers on Friday. Have to wait a week to fit my molar bands and TPA, then another to get it all in with the brackets. I can't wait to just get it all over with. I dread having to break the news at work when I show up missing teeth and aching from spacers!!

fozzy

#19 Post by fozzy »

Me! I'm getting braces on February 2nd! Tomorrow is my last day of having naked teeth! :)

snowbunny

#20 Post by snowbunny »

Well, I've got my second appointment on 10th Feb. My son has his first appt this Friday on 3rd Feb. We're seeing the same ortho! So, I should be braced this month and my son soon to follow. Keep you posted! Us February braces babies will have to stick together!

Slawdawg

#21 Post by Slawdawg »

Just returned from the ortho and I am officially braced...in more ways than one. I have lovely little metal thingies on the tteth with attractive red and black ligs (go dawgs!). I am also bracing myself for the forthcoming surgeries...SARPE the first week of April and Le Forte 1 sometime later. Can't wait for the fun to begin. Congrats to all of you February folks...I'm right there with you. Best of luck on this glorious ride to brighter smiles!

toodamntall1

Re: ok so it is nearly February - who is getting braced in F

#22 Post by toodamntall1 »

LizzyG wrote:I am getting upper and lower Damons on 10th February :shock:

Anyone else?
hi there! i'm a 32 year old mom and am getting "spaced" on friday, feb. 3rd and "braced" on monday, feb. 6th. i must say i'm very excited!

it wasn't until like a week ago, that i actually began to notice people's teeth. i guess because mine are well on their way to becoming "perty". they aren't horrible, just a slight deep bite, some crowding and my center doesn't line up perfectly.

i will be getting all metals. i guess since i'm going to get braces, why not show them off to everyone :)
Searching for service....
....can you hear me now?!?!

JPSmiles

#23 Post by JPSmiles »

I am going in today 2/2 for top brace. Then in two weeks, bottom metal.

crystalrnc

#24 Post by crystalrnc »

Count me in! Feb 8th is the day. I'm soooo nervous :roll:
Soon to be Braced with Damon 3's on 2.8.06. Yippee! ^_^

karamon

Me too!!!!

#25 Post by karamon »

Taking the plunge again ... at 43 yo! Thanks to Jennielee am getting Opals on top and Damon 3s on bottom. Records, xrays, impressions and hopefully brackets will be put on Feb 24th!! Estimated treatment time 15-18 months. Estimated cost $7200! That's North Jersey for you.

This all started with an Invisalign consult. But after a few weeks reading the posts on this site, changed my mind and went for 2 ortho consults. They both ruled out invisaligns. So here I am going the traditional route. Break out the wax and the little wooden intradental cleaners. Maybe there are new and improved cleaning devices since my last time over 20 years ago.

I'll post before and after pics after my appt.

Karin

Braced 2/23 Opals top 6 / Damon 3s rest.

fozzy

#26 Post by fozzy »

Well, today was the day. I have been braced for 5 hours now.
It's very uncomfortable and my teeth are really starting to hurt! I'm starting to wonder just what I got myself into, though I'm sure I'll get used to them very quickly.
All I have to say is: etchant is the most disgusting, vile, and noxious thing ever. It tastes SOOOOOOOOO BAD.
Oh, and a few surprises today. I see that I have lots of brackets with hooks, so it appears I will be wearing elastics at some point. Those are the brackets that are bothering my mouth the most so far. Those little hooks are annoying!
I got lavender ligs. I'm glad I took the plunge and got colours right away.
Good luck to all of the other February people! :) :D

JPSmiles

#27 Post by JPSmiles »

fozzy, I just got mine on too!
Just upper clear ones with pearl band. 8 rubber spacers. I go in two weeks to get spacers and metal bottom. My treatment time will be between 12 and 18 months. So far so good.

I tasted some thing funny but I didn't think it was all that bad. I had my tongue WAAAAY back in my mouth. What grossed me out the most of getting my impressions done. YUCKY feeling of that stuff in my mouth almost made me throw up. I feel tightness but doesn't hurt yet. I plan on taking Advil all day tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!

zuccamori

Re.: Getting Braced next Thurs!~

#28 Post by zuccamori »

Hi All! :D

This is ernie from Singapore. Glad to find this site, the information has been extremely useful!

Went to an OD yesterday for consulation and was advised to remove all 4 wisdom tooth, 2 front tooth next to the vampire ones and possibly another 2 lower adjacent ones below. I am 25 this year and excited about getting braced finally. Am a little worried though if it's usual to remove all 4 wisdom tooth? I have heard scary stuff about the complications that may arise.. like becoming stupid? :? is that a myth? sorry here. but i am really worried.. on the other hand, read stuff that removel of these teeth will prevent future decay as food tends to get stuck mostly at these areas.

another thing, i was told to go down for braces first while removal of the various teeth will be extracted gradually.. anyone doing this sequence now?

any advice will be great and appreciated! tata for now :wink:

cheers,
ernie

rkrogers

#29 Post by rkrogers »

I am getting my braces on Feb 8th. They put my spacers in yesterday. I think this site is great! I am sure I am going to have tons of questions.

Have a Blessed Day everyone!

[/b]

metallicafan

#30 Post by metallicafan »

Getting my braces tomorrow.....am not looking forward to it at all.....just want the 2 years to go by fast!!!!!