Debanded! No, I'm a tease - this was BAD news

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alexa

#1 Post by alexa »

Aw, that sucks...but as you say, at least you caught it before it did damage. :?
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Granola

#2 Post by Granola »

How frustrating all around, to be debanded on those teeth and to have to wear spacers again. :x I'm sure if it had only been a few day's time, there isn't any lasting damage. Hopefully this won't delay your surgery date--maybe you'll get good news a few months down the road.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

rangerchic

I just had this done too

#3 Post by rangerchic »

Yeppers back in spacers. They took my right upper band off and let it go for a week, then put spacers back it! They have not bothered me at all, I did accidently floss and they did not come out! But yes it was sore and stinky and once they took it off it bled like CRAZY!!!!!!!!! But feel alot better now! Good luck. My band goes back on Monday!

dena

#4 Post by dena »

Meryaten: I'm so sorry for the delay. It's really good that you were so dilligent that you caught it right away though.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

braceface1230

#5 Post by braceface1230 »

That does bite Meryaten... sorry. I'm glad I've not had to deal with molar bands or spacers. From what many have said on this forum, they're terrible to put up with.

I'm not really sure though, what are molar bands used for? I'm pretty sure I heard spacers help make room for the bands, but I'm not certain what the bands are for.

Anyways, I hope it doesn't set you too far back for overall treatment time.

ren

#6 Post by ren »

Hi, I actually have battled 2-3 infections in my mouth over the past 1 1/2 yrs. & I was fortunate enough to not have my bands taken out. He was able to get the food out without taking the bands off. I too take extremely good care of my teeth and was upset when this happened-especially when it keeps happening. I hope things will get better for you.
Renee