Yipee! Spring off!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

Yipee! Spring off!!

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hey There! :-1
I am so excited!! :D
I went for adjustment today and got my spring off!! I am so glad. My lowers feel better already. My bottom lip was getting so torn up.
They tied in my wayward tooth and slenderized, too. So I am a little bit sore, but ready for the tooth to be pulled forward. I will be taking lots of progress shots in the next few days/weeks to see that tooth moving!! :-#)
Can't wait to post new pics!
:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Congrats! This means you are one step closer to that final day when the braces come off. I had a spring too and was happy it was off. Mine did not bother me that much as far as ripping up my mouth though. My teeth felt a little sore all the time though.

katmc_tx

That is great!!

#3 Post by katmc_tx »

I have a spring too. I've only had my braces on for about two weeks. How long before you go to take the spring off? Did they say how long the process of it moving into place should be?? I'm sure it depends on the person just wondering what they told you. Congrads on that!!!
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Tunkabean

#4 Post by Tunkabean »

I got a spring put into today after getting braced just 1 week ago.
Dentist warned that this may be sort of painful...since apparantly it's pushing 2 teeth to move :? Already I can't bite down with my front teeth @ all.

I have the same concerns as the poster above ^^ .... my next appt. iz a month from today.

Lyn

UPDATE on Spring!!

#5 Post by Lyn »

UPDATE - UPDATE!!!

It has only been 8 hours since they removed my spring and tied in the wayward tooth...............I cannot believe the pain I am in (just took Advil) and the movement that has already taken place! :P

It is incredible! The tooth has pulled forward already! I am going to bed, as my mouth is really bothering me and will let you know tomorrow if this has progressed any more through the night!!

~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!

Kell

#6 Post by Kell »

Congrats on getting the spring off. I can't wait to hear how much your teeth have moved by morning. :)
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Lyn

#7 Post by Lyn »

Well....
I made it through the night...........but boy am I still in pain (more Advil, please!)
The tooth has moved more. I can tell a huge difference when I slide my tongue on the backs of my teeth. I have felt a "ridge/bump" forever. It is gone! :D
I feel like calling my ortho today or going in there and giving him a big hug. My lowers have change so much. I never knew what a real arch was supposed to look like. It is incredible. :heart:
Today I will be eating soups/shakes. I haven't had this much pain in a few months. The archwire is definitely doing its job. ALSO, I had slenderizing done yesterday, so my teeth are double sore. I can also tell my bite is off - - which means movement!!
I'll check in later with progress..........bye for now.

~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!

Cissa

#8 Post by Cissa »

Hopefully, after my third attempt with a spring, I will finally get the same results you're seeing! I still have to wait a week, though.

Congrats!

fins

#9 Post by fins »

So far I haven't had any real pain with my springs, I guess it depends on how much they have to rotate a tooth. I think the rotation is very slow, maybe that it why I don't feel any pain.

Lyn

#10 Post by Lyn »

Well,
The pain has subsided since Monday's adjustment!! Thank Goodness! Back to eating - again. It was pretty tough biting into things the first couple of days this week. The progress has been incredible. My wayward tooth has finally found its home.......though the teeth still need to do some realigning............time, time time!!!

~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!