Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DizzyKitty

colors

#46 Post by DizzyKitty »

Just had my 2nd adjustment so I went pink/purple for Valentine's Day.

- Dizzy

KJM

#47 Post by KJM »

I went with light pink for Valentines day.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

swan

Re: Which do you all think is best?

#48 Post by swan »

Harpua wrote:As I will be trying to draw the least attention to my metal brackets on top and bottom. I think I've narrowed it down to Silver or Black. Which do you all think would be best for my purposes?
Gold ligs would be great, too, especially if you have dark blonde/brown hair.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

flotsam

#49 Post by flotsam »

After a year, I finally got brave (and tired of getting my clear ligs changed all the time from my unrepentant black-coffee drinking :)), and did light blue in January for New Year's, then teal after that (very nice! no staining or fading!), now hot pink for Valentine's Day. Am considering purple and green on top and yellow on the bottom for Mardi Gras, the green for St. Pat's, then black for my upcoming, too-big birthday. Clearly, I have gone off the deep end with this. :D

Silverware

#50 Post by Silverware »

Harpua wrote:As I will be trying to draw the least attention to my metal brackets on top and bottom. I think I've narrowed it down to Silver or Black. Which do you all think would be best for my purposes?
Next time you're in, ask about "pearl." That is the colour I get and I think it's less noticable than silver or black.

Harpua

#51 Post by Harpua »

swan wrote:
Gold ligs would be great, too, especially if you have dark blonde/brown hair.
My hair is a very dark brown.
Do you think eye color makes a lot of difference in the equation - looking in the mirror I've almost talked myself into gold, but if I wimp out, I'll get silver or smoke. I'm trying to ease into my new look as smoothly as possible and I'm sure when I first get them, my mouth will look like modern wire art sculpture. I'm dreading all the crooked wires emphasizing my crooked teeth. I've spent so long talking like John Wayne and barely showing my teeth - I just pretend nobody sees it, but I'm sure its always been more obvious than I think.

chrisd

#52 Post by chrisd »

here is a link to a ligature color selector that might be of some help.
http://www.spannhake-ortho.com/elastics.html
my advice go with what you think you will be most comfortable with. you can try out more daring colors later, so it is ok to go with something subtle the first time. the brackets are grey, so silver or smoke will be the least noticable.
all that siad most people will not notice the lig colors. well maybe if you go with red or yellow (i am working up to those :D )
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

Flora2006

#53 Post by Flora2006 »

I just got silver ligs and so far i love them. I've been drinking tons of coffee and no stain whatsoever. I previously had clear ones and they only stained after 2 weeks but I much prefer the silver ones. They practically look like the clear ones though. Love em :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

chrisd

#54 Post by chrisd »

i havent had a problem with staining yet, but i am sure at some point i would like to try some diff colors up top. i would love to see some pics of those silver ligs.
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

missing_tooth

#55 Post by missing_tooth »

I currently have a very dark blue, I can't wait for my next appointment for a brighter blue. As soon as I find a job I'm pulling out all the stops with bright green, orange and any other eye popping colors I can find.

- Missing Tooth -

alexa

#56 Post by alexa »

Thought I would bump this thread up again, as it always makes me happy to look at people's colors! :D

Here is what I am currently styling:

Dark blue with some kinda periwinkle-like light blue. Not too bad![/img]
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

sydsmom

#57 Post by sydsmom »

Very nice, alexa! I'm loving the blue, and think I'm going to get blue at my first adjustment next week. I have silver right now and my teeth are still pretty crooked, but might as well live it up, right?!?
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

hannah164

#58 Post by hannah164 »

Very nice ligs Alexa!

I'm trying to decide between blue or silver. I've never tried silver before and it pretty much depends on how long until my next adjustment because I want silver ligs for when my play opens! :)

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Flora2006

#59 Post by Flora2006 »

That's a great combo Alexa!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

alexa

#60 Post by alexa »

Thanks for the compliments on the color choices...and Hannah, silver is really cool. I liked it a lot, so definitly give it a try. Especially if you're trying to smile under the radar...it wasn't very noticable at all.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom