Waxing Problems

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennandtonic

Waxing Problems

#1 Post by jennandtonic »

My orthodonist gave me wax to use when my braces are irritating the inside of my cheeks, but I can't seem to get it to stick, or if I do it doesn't work well and I still feel it. I'm developing a sore spot on one of my cheeks, does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do?

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

Try rolling some between your fingers to create a little ball of wax and then push that onto the bracket,

good luck!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Brandyleigh35

#3 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Order some of the Braze Eze. It comes pretty quick and works like a dream.....so much better than wax! AND it stays on all day, even when you eat! Its a little spendy but really works!

Here is a link to the website.

http://www.udent.com/braceeze/index.html

Brandy

Rebraced

#4 Post by Rebraced »

jennandtonic, did you try warming the way between your fingers. It seems to help the way stick better for me. Maybe it is just your wax that is bad or something. I never have problems with my wax staying on. You can buy way in the drug store or Wal-Mart if you need to. I hope this helps.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi jennandtonic,

I was given two types of wax at my ortho's office. One was the standard wax and the other is called Brace Gard. Brace Gard is a Silicone Brace Wax. The first time I used it, I had a problem of it not sticking. Then, after reading the directions, it indicated the material and bracket must be dry. So, I just dried my hands and instead of drying off the area of my expander irritating my tongue, I just swallowed to get all of the saliva out of my mouth and then placed it on the area of the expander - it works very well. In fact, I think it feels better than the standard wax (it's softer). I hope this helps.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

ingyandbert

#6 Post by ingyandbert »

Warm the wax in your hands first, then shape it and apply it flat against the bracket(s). Then, gently push against the top and bottom of the wax to wrap it over the top and bottom of the bracket. That should help it hold. Don't just apply it against the front of the bracket.

jennielee81

#7 Post by jennielee81 »

Use a bigger glob of it. You need to use plenty!

Then use the inside of your cheek (push on the outside of your face with your finger) to stick it down smooth and tight. The saliva won't stick to the wax or silicone and that makes a nice smooth covering.

Good luck!

Warm salt water rinses and non sodium-laural-sulfate toothpast until that little sore heals. :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm