you forgot some

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ukcolin

you forgot some

#1 Post by ukcolin »

I had my two back molars out 4 weeks ago and i thought they had healed up ok; then when i had my brace fitted last friday one of gums where the tooth was extracted started bleeding when i brushed.

Well two days ago i noticed a green blob on the gums, then yesterday it was a bit bigger then today it seemed huge.

so i decided to have a poke at it with my little brace brush :) , after a few pokes it started to move and fall out of my gums, then too my suprise i realsied it was a bit of my old tooth the dentist forgot to take out.

Thought id share that with u..

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

That's an abscess (in other words, an infection) -- how gross! Call your ortho and have him phone in a prescription for an anti-biotic ASAP. Also, it's very important you keep your mouth as clean as possible until it heals. I would swish a mouthwash containing alcohol several times a day.

ukcolin

#3 Post by ukcolin »

It was gross :) - would the abcess be solid? it feels more like bone!! It looked green when it was in my mouth but now its out, its more white and red.

Ive been washing my mouth out with soap and water every day for weeks, so my mouth should be clean. Although i have been swearig alot lately.

My gum looks loads better now its out, so im hoping its ok. got an appointment on friday afternoon with the dentist so ill see what he says.

Thanks

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Iv'e been washing my mouth out with soap and water every day for weeks, so my mouth should be clean. Although i have been swearig alot lately
LOL!!!!

Cynthia1251

#5 Post by Cynthia1251 »

jcdamon3 wrote:
Iv'e been washing my mouth out with soap and water every day for weeks, so my mouth should be clean. Although i have been swearig alot lately
LOL!!!!
:lol: my thought's exactly.

Silverware

#6 Post by Silverware »

ukcolin wrote:It was gross :) - would the abcess be solid? it feels more like bone!! It looked green when it was in my mouth but now its out, its more white and red.

Ive been washing my mouth out with soap and water every day for weeks, so my mouth should be clean. Although i have been swearig alot lately.

My gum looks loads better now its out, so im hoping its ok. got an appointment on friday afternoon with the dentist so ill see what he says.

Thanks
I'd imagine a salt-water rinse would be more suited for the job, and it would probably taste a tiny bit better :)

Joanna20

#7 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! Which molar have you extracted? Will I have find someone without 2nd molars finally??? :D
It's bad to hear that you're not healing that well though. Mine took a while to heal, it's a big tooth!
Take care,
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

dena

#8 Post by dena »

i would definitely call too--abcesses are nothing to play around with (not to be scary/dramatic, but they can be fatal). if there's any chance you have that, you need to get treatment.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

WiredNana

#9 Post by WiredNana »

ukcolin.....
Could it be the packing that finally came out?...I had an extraction today and they packed it with an antibiotic and told me it might dissolve or just fall out later.....just a thought.....good luck...

NotBob1

#10 Post by NotBob1 »

Call the dentist or orthodontist. Don't let it go. While unusual, people have died from infections in the mouth. Unlikely this will happen, but you could get really sick. Call now.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.