obsessed!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

obsessed!!

#1 Post by Flora2006 »

I tried finding the previous thread with this subject but I can't find it...

Yesterday I was doing this group work in one of my classes and I just found myself staring at this one girl's teeth and just looking and trying to figure out what is wrong with her teeth and how she should get braces!!! That is something that i NEVER did before!! lol I'm surprise she didn't tell me to stop staring ;)

Getting those braces really got my obsessed. It's ridiculous. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm not obsessed with other people's teeth, rather my own!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

MCC

#3 Post by MCC »

I can totally relate! Ever since I got braces I find myself staring at everyone's teeth thinking, there teeth would look so nice if only they got braces. Before I had braces I would think everyone but me had perfect teeth.

tkais

#4 Post by tkais »

I do exactly the same thing. I have to make myself stop looking. Not everyone has the same goals as me.

NotBob1

#5 Post by NotBob1 »

I do it all of the time. Sometimes I try to figure out if their smile is natural or if it is "too perfect of an arch" to be natural and they have had braces.

I suppose I'll get over it when I'm done.......
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

NotBob1 wrote:I do it all of the time. Sometimes I try to figure out if their smile is natural or if it is "too perfect of an arch" to be natural and they have had braces.

I suppose I'll get over it when I'm done.......
I do the same - wonder if they had braces or if they are one of the few lucky ones born with perfect teeth. I also notice the permanent retainers on the lower teeth!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Silverware

#7 Post by Silverware »

I also find myself "critiquing" people's smiles. It's not that I'm being shallow and judging them, but I'm more curious to see what 'perfect' teeth look like, and I hope to have teeth like that.

My ortho told me that I'd start to check out people's teeth after I got my braces, and he was right!

Tunkabean

#8 Post by Tunkabean »

I think it's totally normal though.... people will identify immediatly with something of their own experience.

I'm sure I would do the same thing when I see people's teeth. I already do it while looking @ tv. I keep looking @ folks with straight teeth and wondering if they had braces when they were younger 8)