Lopsided Bottoms

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SJade40

Lopsided Bottoms

#1 Post by SJade40 »

Hello. My braces are being removed the next time I go to see the ortho (2 weeks), and I'm not happy with the way my teeth look now. I really tried my best to take a picture, so please bare with it.

Im satisfied with the way the tops look, but to me, the bottoms look lopsided and uneven (specifically to the right side, or the left when looking at the picture). I expressed this concern, and the only responses I recieved were "I'm not worried about that right now", and "Well you're going to get a retainer". Take a look, and let me know if my concerns have any merit. Thanks you.

dena

#2 Post by dena »

i'm sorry i can't tell exactly what it is that you don't like. if it makes you feel better, i think your teeth look nice! but it's your money. why not put a call into your ortho's office and really express your concerns again...try to get some specific info like if it's fixable, how long it would take, etc. sounds like if your ortho communicated with you more you'd have more to work with--maybe he feels the retainer will continue to improve it? i dont know. anyway just my opinion

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

No one is going to look inside your mouth to check out the even-ness...that being said, how does your BITE feel? I would be most concerned about that.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007