New to the message board.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Susan Nicole

New to the message board.

#1 Post by Susan Nicole »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I just got braced close to two weeks ago and am now on a looong road of treatment (20-24 mos) that will be well worth it in the end. :D
Take care for now,
sn

Susan Nicole

#2 Post by Susan Nicole »

Thanks Karen, :)

snowbunny

#3 Post by snowbunny »

Hi Susan. Good luck with your treatment. this is a great site for support and information. So glad I found it.
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

belmikry

#4 Post by belmikry »

welcome to the message boards! :)

hope to see some pictures of your progress as well ;)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Susan Nicole

#5 Post by Susan Nicole »

Thank you Snowbunny and Belmikry!

Belmikry- I am also 21 and doing this for the first time, so it looks like we're in the same boat! I also checked out your thread with the progress you've made so far and you're teeth look like they're doing AMAZING! Good luck with everything! I'll definitely have to post some pics up soon and tell my story!

sn

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

Congrads

- Missing Tooth -

belmikry

#7 Post by belmikry »

Susan Nicole wrote:Thank you Snowbunny and Belmikry!

Belmikry- I am also 21 and doing this for the first time, so it looks like we're in the same boat! I also checked out your thread with the progress you've made so far and you're teeth look like they're doing AMAZING! Good luck with everything! I'll definitely have to post some pics up soon and tell my story!

sn
welcome to the twenty something crowd of braces! :D... yes, I'm super e xcited by my progress- although I know when I look into the mirror, I don't see any changes, but the pictures really show improvement over time, its like when you are a kid waiting to grow taller, you don't notice the growth day by day until you see pictures beside someonee :)

looks like you got braced on feb 29th? cool! I was on the 30th- we should have a race- lol :) my treatment time is 21 months, and I agree it seems like so long- but I've been told it will go by fast [fingers crossed]
glad I can be some inspiration- what kind of braces do you have? any chance of pictures? :)
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Susan Nicole

#8 Post by Susan Nicole »

Thanks Lucyloop and Missing Tooth for the warm welcome!

Good luck with your treatments as well!

sn

Susan Nicole

#9 Post by Susan Nicole »

belmikry wrote:
Susan Nicole wrote:Thank you Snowbunny and Belmikry!

sn
welcome to the twenty something crowd of braces! :D... yes, I'm super e xcited by my progress- although I know when I look into the mirror, I don't see any changes, but the pictures really show improvement over time, its like when you are a kid waiting to grow taller, you don't notice the growth day by day until you see pictures beside someonee :)

looks like you got braced on feb 29th? cool! I was on the 30th- we should have a race- lol :) my treatment time is 21 months, and I agree it seems like so long- but I've been told it will go by fast [fingers crossed]
glad I can be some inspiration- what kind of braces do you have? any chance of pictures? :)
Hey Belmikry!
I was actually braced on January 31st. It will be fun to track our progress together and I'll post some pics and my story as soon as I get through this week (studying for my first exams of the semester are consuming my time right now!). As for what kind of braces I have, I've got clear uppers and metal lowers. Talk soon!
sn

belmikry

#10 Post by belmikry »

sounds great- can't wait to see them! :lol: looks like we are going to have a race then hmm? :)

ugh, exams- I know how that is o_0... [is currently avoiding art history homework- :oops: ]