expander on 1 1/2 yrs & counting`

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaws

#16 Post by jaws »

Hi Ren,

I am actually having a sort of 'different' procedure done on me called "Controled Arch". My expanders aren't traditional expanders, they look more like lingual arches (however they have actually worked to expand my arches). I definitely won't be getting head gear, however I wish you luck if you end up needing it! Here are some pictures of my expanders so you can see what I mean:

LOWER:

UPPER:

Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

kirst1583

#17 Post by kirst1583 »

Dark_angel wrote:
ren wrote:
Im sure that my teeth will gradually get used to having the elastics on them and i wont even notice them.
Yep. This definitely happens. I've got elastics for the 2nd time now after having a break from them for a bit, so I feel your pain.
You will get to the stage soon where they are comfortable and you don't notice them though :lol:

i814u2c

#18 Post by i814u2c »

I didn't have one but both kids did. Son had top and bottom on for over 2 years and daughter had bottom on for 2 years. Good luck
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

ren

#19 Post by ren »

jaws your teeth look awesome! It's funny that I actually have the same expander on as your lower expander! Top one's totally different-I'd totally trade it for that one!
ttyl, ren

jaws

#20 Post by jaws »

Thanks ren! I've had my braces and expanders for 10 months, so my teeth have had some time to straighten up. If you want to read my story and/or see before/after pics, look in the 'Our Braces Story' section under 'Jaws' Story'. :)
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006