questions??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

j.swanson

questions??

#1 Post by j.swanson »

hey everyone... i have been reading this thing for a few days now nd ive been finding out info from different posts.... im gettin braces in june (waitin till after graduation) nd i jus am really curious about different things.... sOo if you could send me pictures nd info about what you expierenced that would be grat!! also six months after i get my braces i have to get my impacted teeth removed nd the new ones pulld down! :( does it hurt and how long does it take for the new ones to come in..... one more thing ..... if you lost any weight tell me nd in how much time!! thanks<33

JAMiE<3 xOox

:-} :pinkbraces:
Last edited by j.swanson on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JN_Woods

#2 Post by JN_Woods »

I find the capitalized O's quite distracting. I think you'll get more replies if you edit those out.

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

j.swanson

#3 Post by j.swanson »

its a habbit i cant help it sorry!

j.swanson

jamie

#4 Post by j.swanson »

its a habbit i cant help it sorry!

JN_Woods

Re: questions??

#5 Post by JN_Woods »

Jamie,

To see pictures, check out "our braces stories". A lot of people post their pictures and progress updates. There a couple of people who have had impacted canines removed and show progress pics. I've only had my wisdom teeth removed, so I can't comment on that. You could also search for impacted removal information on the board. I've lost about 5-10 pounds in the 5 months since I got my braces on (mostly after the lower brackets went on), completely unintentionally due to cutting out snacking.

You still have plenty of time to research things. I suggest checking out the Denta kit sold by Lynn, the owner of the site. She has great customer service and I love my dentakits. You can also discuss things with your ortho and ask how he thinks things will proceed.

Good luck with your treatment.

Jennifer

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

j.swanson

questions?

#6 Post by j.swanson »

[b]thanks jen!! [/b][/b]

j.swanson

urghh...

#7 Post by j.swanson »

i keep messing up on all this replying stuff cause i just jioned today so sorry if theres like 1000 messages on here with the same thing written in it !

genxsis

#8 Post by genxsis »

JN_Woods:

I've lost weight too, not that I need to. I weighed in at 140 and now am down to 130 after about a month. I'm 5' 6", so that's kind of significant. I hope I don't continue to lose more. There's such a thing as too much. Braces are a good weight loss tool if you have any weight to lose!

j.swanson

questions?

#9 Post by j.swanson »

thanks for your comment nd yea i need to lose alot of weight .... even though bein tall has a lot to do with it... i wish i had your problem ahah

NotBob1

#10 Post by NotBob1 »

Hi j.swanson.

You will likely get more help and responses if you could keyboard in a more legible fashion. I am not trying to put you down, just trying to help.

:D
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

hannah164

#11 Post by hannah164 »

Hi Jamie! :-1

I also have, well had (kinda still do) :wink: impacted canines! I had them exposed in March of '05 and it was painful for about a week after the surgery! Then when my ortho started pulling them down using elastic chains and wires it was incredibly painful for me but most people don't find it very bad! :( It took until about August for the first one to get a bracket and the other one got a bracket just this month! :) I think I was actually one of the faster ones though! :?

Good luck! :thumbsup:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

j.swanson

#12 Post by j.swanson »

thanks everyone who posted on this site!