Poll for all ceramic braced people!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

Poll for all ceramic braced people!!

#1 Post by Kittysopretty »

What color are your ligs? Or do you have wire ties or power chains?

cookie

#2 Post by cookie »

I have aqua on my ceramics just now, and plain silver on my metals.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

Michal

#3 Post by Michal »

Clear on all, w/a little bit of curry stain. So they are kinda light yellow right now. I'll get them changed on the 28th.

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

I have clear ligs on my ceramics. So far they aren't stained much at all. Only enough for me to notice but no one else can tell. I can't decide if I am going to ask for wire ties or possibly silver ligs at my 1st adjustment in 2 1/2 weeks or just keep the clear.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

seeminglyshy

#5 Post by seeminglyshy »

Clear on clear.

Whenever I want to be naughty and eat curry or chili, I have it a day or two before getting my bands changed :twisted:

Love the clear on clear though, ppl dont notice that I'm braced on top until they look clooooosely. :wink:
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years

IndyBraceFace

#6 Post by IndyBraceFace »

I have ceramics on top and they have silver wire ties. They are barely noticeable unless you're looking very closely and they don't stain at all. I have plain silver ligs on the bottom, metal brackets. I haven't tried any colors yet and I don't know if I will. If I do, it will probably be on the bottoms only.

kirst1583

#7 Post by kirst1583 »

Clear powerchains for me. That's the way it's always been. I don't mind them and I like the fact they are barely noticeable!

Lyn

#8 Post by Lyn »

Clear ligs on top (ceramics), silver legs on bottom (metal).
They don't even ask if I want different colors each time I go in for an adjustment. I think I'd be too chicken to try something new anyway! :lol:

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Granola

#9 Post by Granola »

Hi...I have white wire ties on my ceramics, and silver wire ties on metal molar brackets. I will have a choice of metal wire ties or ligs on my stainless bottom brackets when I get them on next week.

I love my white wire ties! No staining and there is no chance of them slipping off.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

Raspberry

#10 Post by Raspberry »

I have clear ligs on my ceramic uppers, and light blue ligs on my bottoms... not sure if I'm adventurous enough for color on the top.. I do like the look of color on ceramics though.
I also have 4 wire ties on my 4 laterals, because they don't quite reach the wire

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

I have silver ligs right now although they really look clear/white. I think there may be different shades of silver because I've seen some on here and they are much darker than mine...They haven't stained at all so I love them.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

WoolieBagLady

#12 Post by WoolieBagLady »

I have a metallic silver powerchain on my ceramic ligs. I switched to these after a recommendation for the assistant since the clear ones were staining. I haven't switched to anything else since.

H Rogers

#13 Post by H Rogers »

I wear clear ligs and powerchains on my ceramics on top and I wear different colored ligs everytime I go for my adjustments on my bottom metal ones. I also like the fact that my top ceramic braces with clear ligs & powerchains are not so noticeable. :D

sophielafille

#14 Post by sophielafille »

I have ceramics on top with clear ligs. Actually, the ligs are clear for about 2 days until they turn brown from coffee, food, etc. I hate them. When I first got braces, I would freak out and go get the ties changed, now it's too much of a hassle and I've resolved to just live with it and not smile very much.

I'm going in today to get them changed, thinking about maybe pink or blue because I can't take this staining anymore, it's disgusting and make my already not so good looking teeth look very brown/yellow and nasty. I'm hoping this will help because it's really ruining my self esteem.

-sophie
Braces on November 16, 2005: Ceramic Uppers, Metal Lowers
Frenectomy done on December 5, 2005
4 extractions done on December 10
TPA installed Jan 16, 2006
Elastic Triangles started June 8, 2006
BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!!! July 17, 2007
now wearing two removable retainers. Yeah!!!!

raleighsmile

ligs

#15 Post by raleighsmile »

I have wire ties all the way around on both top and bottom and I have clear brackets on the top.

The wire ties are barely noticeable. No worry about staining!
12/14/05: Braces on - 6 metal bands, all metal brackets on bottom, ceramic on top.