Had my cannine exposure surgery & 3 wisdom teeth yesterd

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stacey_Braces

Had my cannine exposure surgery & 3 wisdom teeth yesterd

#1 Post by Stacey_Braces »

I had my surgery yesterday.
They exposed both of my exposed cannine teeth. They also removed 3 wisdom teeth and extracted the two baby teeth (where the cannines are supposed to be).

I am in sooooo much pain right now! I can barely open my mouth.
I'm trying to hang in there but it absolutely sucks right now. I can only eat soup, ice cream and pudding.

I miss food! :-((

I will keep you guys posted! Hopefully my cannines will come down quickly.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ceramic Uppers put on : Dec 20th 2005
Impacted Canine Exposure / Baby teeth extraction / Extraction of 3 wisdom teeth Surgery: Feb 10 2006

fyrelight

#2 Post by fyrelight »

Aw, I'm sorry.. I remember how sore I was for a few days.... it gets better in a week or two. Get some nice smoothies full of vitamins and all. Your mouth does heal really fast compared to the rest of your body... just take some painkillers as needed. My doc gave me some Vicodin afterward.... that seemed to help.
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

dena

#3 Post by dena »

congrats on getting surgery out of the way! i'm sorry you feel so badly right now. remember to baby yourself as much as possible and get lots of rest--you earned it!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Way Too Old For This

#4 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Stacey, sorry to hear you are in so much pain. That sounds like a lot of work done all at once. But at least its done. Take it easy and baby yourself for a few days.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Stacey_Braces

Thanks guys

#5 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Thanks so much guys...
It is completely unbearable right now :-((
The doc gave me tylenol 3 but they are not doing ANYTHING to dull the pain.

I just feel like crying right now. I'm staying at my mother's place for the time being so that I can be cared for if need be.

I just can't wait for it to get better :((

Impacted Canine Exposure / Baby teeth extraction / Extraction of 3 wisdom teeth Surgery: Feb 10 2006

fyrelight

#6 Post by fyrelight »

Aw, can you call the doc and get him to prescribe some heavier stuff? You shouldn't have to be miserable for days..... Call them and tell them your pain level...
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

Shawnie

#7 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Stacey,

I hope you start to feel better real soon, and like fyrelight said, try to get something stronger for the pain.

I will be going through the canine exposure surgery probably in March. I'll be thinking of you saying you are all done and now I'm going through it.

Take care and good luck!
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

AWwWw... Sorry Stacey that you're in so much pain! :cry:

I totally understand though! I had my two canines exposed and the baby teeth exposed plus two lower baby teeth and two other lower permanent teeth removed all at once! :shock: It took me a while to eat again but smoothies helped a lot! If you have a Jamba Juice near you, go buy one! :)

You really should ask your doctor for some heavier painkillers and do baby yourself! I don't think Tylenol is really going to help and you shouldn't have to be in this much pain! :?

Hope you feel better soon!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Stacey_Braces

Thanks for all the support guys

#9 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Hi Guys,

Thank you so so so much for the support. It is very comforting to know that others know *exactly* what i'm going through.

Today is a better day then yesterday was but it still is some *AWFUL* pain.

The doctor gave me some penicilin so I don't think it is possible that it could be infected... at least I hope not. I Have a post-op appointment on Thursday so hopefully the pain will subside by then.

I'm really trying to hang in there :-((

Most of the time I just feel like crying though :cry:

Stacey_Braces

#10 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Just an update...
Still in pain...I was hoping to be back to work tomorrow but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'm trying to hang in there.

Thanks for the support guys

Stacey

Way Too Old For This

#11 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Stacey,
Its been a week, any better?

Pam
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Stacey_Braces

#12 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Hi Guys,

I'm doing much better then I was a couple of weeks ago!
It is still painful in the roof of my mouth but the wisdom teeth (where they were extracted) is much better :)

Stacey

Flora2006

#13 Post by Flora2006 »

I'm happy to hear things are getting better for you :)
Hang in there.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

hannah164

#14 Post by hannah164 »

Stacey,

So Glad to hear you're feeling better! The roof of your mouth may continue to be a little sore for a while but not too bad!

Keep us updated on how your canines come down!

~Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!
Next Adjustment: February 28, 2006

Shawnie

#15 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Stacey,

Glad Lucy brought your post back up. Hope you are doing well. I remember reading you post and thinking you were lucky to have the surgery out of the way because mine was scheduled for the next month.

Hopefully like Lucy said, no news is good news.

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06