GETTING BRACES IN ONE WEEKS?????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MATEO'S

GETTING BRACES IN ONE WEEKS?????

#1 Post by MATEO'S »

HELLO ALL, IM GETTING BRACES NEXT TUESDAY FEB 21, 2006, JUST WANT ANY SUGGESTION ON WHAT I SHOULD DO & EAT THIS WEEK BEFORE BEING BRACED.. THANK MATOE 32 YEARS YOUNG. :D

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Congrats on getting braces. Let us know how it goes :)

Eat everything you want now...tons of chocolate, hard stuff...popcorn...lol just everything. Once you get your braces on, you will still be able to eat those things but not for a little while. Enjoy this week ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

oklanole

#3 Post by oklanole »

I would take pictures of your mouth/teeth. That way you can show us your progress.

WiredNana

#4 Post by WiredNana »

Mateo's......I get my spacers in today, and braces the 21st also.....had a tooth extracted last week and still abit sore, so still eating soft foods.

Looks like that's the diet from here on in.......
what's your time frame?...mine 18-24 months, uppers and lowers.....The journey begins!

MATEO'S

#5 Post by MATEO'S »

THANKS FOR ALL INPUT..CHEWING GUM RIGHT NOW LOL..WIREDNANA WOW WERE GETTING OUR BRACES ON THE SAME DAY.. IM ONLY GOING TO BE IN BRACES FOR 1 YEAR...ARE YOU GOING TO DO A FIRST DAY IN BRACES STORY???IM GOING TO. WELL GO LUCK TAKE PICS..LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR DOING ..WERE LIKE GOING TO BE BRACE TWINS..HA HA..

Betty Bat

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

The thing I miss the most (and something that no one warned me about) is being able to bite into a big juicy hamburger or sandwich. I can certainly eat a hamburger now, but I have to cut it up into bite-size pieces - I can't just bite into it.

So, if you're a carnivore, you might want to have a hamburger or two. Or anything you might like to eat off the bone, like barbequed spareribs or chicken.