Mom and son in braces now!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brandyleigh35

Mom and son in braces now!

#1 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Well my ds went in for his braces today so we are officially twinzies! LOL....

So far he is doing well, but he did say that his teeth are starting to hurt a bit. I gave him 2 advil right afterwards so I'm sure we will be alternating tylenol and advil for a couple of days like I did when I got mine last week.

Here is a pic that was taken of us right before we left the Ortho's office.

Brandy

LizzyG

#2 Post by LizzyG »

Awww thats a nice pic, you both look really cool! And also like you have lovely teeth already :D

Have you got Damon braces?

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

Brandyleigh35

#3 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

They are self ligating brackets called TIME2. They are by American orthodontics. Here is a link if you wish to see them closer. I really like them, they are pretty comfortable!

http://www.americanortho.de/time2_manual.pdf

Yeah, I liked this pic too! He is such a sweet boy. My baby, and just an all around good kid.

Brandy

HeadgearJoe

Re: Mom and son in braces now!

#4 Post by HeadgearJoe »

Brandyleigh35 wrote:Well my ds went in for his braces today so we are officially twinzies! LOL....

So far he is doing well, but he did say that his teeth are starting to hurt a bit. I gave him 2 advil right afterwards so I'm sure we will be alternating tylenol and advil for a couple of days like I did when I got mine last week.

Here is a pic that was taken of us right before we left the Ortho's office.

Brandy
hi an congrats ya'll look great all aboard +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ your on the right track good luck , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Brandyleigh35

#5 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Thanks! It is sorta nice having someone to share it with. At least we can whine to one another, and understand what the other is going through! :roll:

Brandy

Way Too Old For This

#6 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Brandy, you and your son look great in braces ! How lucky he is to have Mom going through this process at the same time. He looks like a great kid.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

WiredNana

#7 Post by WiredNana »

You two are just TOO cute!!!!!.....looks like you have next years Christmas card picture ready to go!......keep us up to date on how you guys are doing....I get braced next Tues.........

jcdamon3

#8 Post by jcdamon3 »

Cute picture!

I would love to hear if there is any difference in speed of teeth movement with you and your son. My daughter and I are both in braces, but she has a different style braces, doesn't have her lower brackets on yet and has totally different issues than me. But I am interested in hearing if the age thing really is true , all things being equal. I can't really tell from the photo how similar your teeth issues are. Anyway, I know, I know I shouldn't be thinking about it but....

Brandyleigh35

#9 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Jcdamon3,
I will let you know. We are both in the same exact braces (Time2 self ligating.) Teeth issues are similar, but he has been in appliances for a year now so this is really the final part of his journey and just the beginning of mine. I know he was pretty sure braces were going to be a piece of cake for him, saying that he knows what the pain feels like etc from the appliances pushing against his teeth yada yada yada. ANYWAY...guess who was a little uncomfortable this morning (I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me....LOL)

I will be curious to see if his pain subsides quicker, as we are both the same also, in that we have pretty high pain tolerance. His main issue is that his canines have not come completely down yet, they are however, as of late really moving and I don't think it is going to take much time (probably 6 months max) to get his teeth in place. Aside from the canines his teeth already look amazing! I'm sorta glad now though that I got mine put on a week earlier, as I can give him some good advice on how to take care of his sore mouth, etc. since I have pretty much come through it all relatively unscathed.

Brandy