ok so it is nearly February - who is getting braced in Feb?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LizzyG

#46 Post by LizzyG »

Snowbunny, I just replied to your thread! It went ok, I had mushy curry for tea too, LOL! Teeth a bit tender now but ibuprofen is helping!

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

emalily

#47 Post by emalily »

I had my bands put on my upper jaw on Thursday 9th Feb, after having four wisdoms and two upper baby 5's taken out under general anaesthetic early January.

This is round 2 for me as I had an expander plate, upper and lower metal bands for nearly 36 months between 1994 and 1996. I didn't have wisdom teeth then, and they were hoping I would eventually get replacements for my 5's.

I'm not really up on the lingo but I've got plastic brackets and clear elastics. I didn't need spacers and don't have metal rings (or whatever their name is) around my 7's - just a metal bracket on my 6's. My treatment time is 2 - 3 years as the aim is to close the gap between the 4's and 6's.

I'm feeling like a bit of a fraud as I had them put on during my lunch break and have proceeded to eat normally since as I'm not in much discomfort - I haven't even had to crack out the wax. Much to my relief my friends and colleagues have expressed that they are hardly noticeable - I was not looking forward to tagging along to meetings and being asked how my Year 10 work experience is going as I'm 24!

Indy

Me, me, me!

#48 Post by Indy »

I got 4 upper spacers put in yesterday, the pain has subsided as the day has gone on.

I get my treatment plan and braces (assume uppers for now) on Feb. 24th.
Good luck to everyone out there as they begin this journey! :thumbsup:

nita

#49 Post by nita »

Me too! I just registered here - seems like a great support group.
I went in for my consultation on Feb 10th, and once I agreed to go ahead with the treatment, they scheduled me for my next appointment on Feb 17th. When I asked what was going to happen at the appointment, the receptionist said "you'll get molds and x-rays done and you'll leave with braces"!
I'm scared and excited to see what will happen...

momsbracesat42

Valentines Gift

#50 Post by momsbracesat42 »

I have moved the placement of my lower braces to February 14. This will make me fully braced. Upper braces were placed January 18. I was originally scheduled to have the lowers put on March 7 but because I have to be premedicated and I am currently take an antibiotic for a sinus infection they were able to get me in. I am trying to decide what lig colors I want to go with. Do I want red and pink for valentines day (1 day) or do I go with green and white for St. Patty's day. Let me know your opinions.
----------

pokergirl

#51 Post by pokergirl »

I'm getting my top braces on tomorrow, Feb 13, and bottom braces on next week. I've had spacers on for 2 weeks and they still hurt when I eat. I'm nervous but I'm so excited to get started. Woo-hoo!

mm92280

#52 Post by mm92280 »

I have my appointment set for the 23rd, when I will be getting Damon braces put on. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Dagovernor

Got 'Em DOne!!!

#53 Post by Dagovernor »

I got braced on Friday, and today being Valentine's Day, I am taking my wife out to dinner!!! YIKES!!! Getting food caught in your braces is no fun, but we will see how it goes!!! :roll:

Harpua

brace date

#54 Post by Harpua »

I'll be braced on the 23rd as well. What have I gotten myself into?

ShortyRocK

#55 Post by ShortyRocK »

Spacers Feb. 20th

Braces Feb 24th

Only top metal braces

Estimated time 14-16 months

estimated price $3500 for top metal.

then a few months into the plan im getting a lower spring retainer

MATEO'S

#56 Post by MATEO'S »

HELLO I GETTING BRACES ON FEB 21, I CAN'T WAIT..CLEAR ON THE TOP WELL ONLY 6 AND THE REST ARE METAL AND ALL METAL ON THE BOTTOM..

joygoss

#57 Post by joygoss »

I wish I knew when I was getting mine! I am having a distal jet put on the 27th, but don't how long I have to wear it before the braces are put on. Does anyone know? The ortho said there's no reason to have me in braces any more than I have to. Good luck to everyone!

godawgs

#58 Post by godawgs »

i'm also getting braces this month. i'm so nervous about the pain, extractions, cost, everything! i also worry that after i finish the treatment, i'll just have to wear retainers for the rest of my life.
for those of you who have to get teeth pulled, would you please offer me some advice/answers to a question i posted as, "no insurance for braces, but extractions?"
good luck to all of you.

Harpua

extraction

#59 Post by Harpua »

I had 4 extractions 8 days ago and it was no sweat, other than having to be careful eating, but I've already healed pretty well and it was a piece of cake to have done. A general dentist removed my 2nd bicuspids (including one baby tooth) under local anasthesia. Needle hurts a bit numbing it up, but he got them each right out in no time - like 15 minutes all together. They were huge! Have some good souveniers. Put a single stitch on one for good measure and it came out 4 days later when I got my teeth cleaned. The first day, I took a couple of hydrocodone and kept one of those freezer gell backs around my face for the rest of the afternoon. I really wasn't that put out by the whole thing physically - or financially for that matter. I was expecting my insurance to just snub their nose at because the policy mentions that the regular benefit schedule doesn't work for orthodontic motivated treatment, but I did get somewhat of a discount still and it cost me about $230 dollars for the whole thing. I had previously been calling oral surgeons out of fear of the procedure and they were quoting my $700 or more with a 'discount' for my insurance plan membership. I was definitely pleased with that, and now after having my doc throw in 6 free ceramics (originally quoted at $500 dollars more), my attitude has gotten a lot better about this whole braces thing! Good luck to you - this forum has been great in building my confidence navigating this whole mess!