beginning my journey

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jeneva

beginning my journey

#1 Post by Jeneva »

So I have a little crowding problem that my dentist thinks should be braced. i tried to take a photo - it's not great...:

I know this may sound silly, but I am 27 - gonna be 28 in April and I really don't mind having braces - metal whatever - as long as they're off by the time I'm 30. So i feel like I may be losing time (lots of you say 2 years - i'll already be over...) so i went ahead and finally scheduled my initial consultation... but couldn't get one until 4/17 -after i turn 28... :(
So the journey begins...

Gel

#2 Post by Gel »

The journey is always and adventure. Good luck!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

And this is a journey not to be forgotten.

I have similar shape. Minor crowd on the bottom and top just need to be line up. With no extraction.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Your teeth look great already!! Good luck for the consultation :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi Jeneva,

Congratulations on taking the first step and making an appt. for the consultation. I suggest that you get a few opinions just to see what another orthodontist is suggesting for ortho. treatment and cost. I went to four evaluations.

Good luck.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Jeneva

#6 Post by Jeneva »

thanks everyone for the input and the support. Actually, after reading some of these posts I'm getting really excited about having a perfect smile!!

materialsgirl

#7 Post by materialsgirl »

Hi Jeneva! Im also 27 and my teeth look a LOT like yours. They're not terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but a bit on the crowded side, especially on the bottom. I am having my first consultation tomorrow - EEK! Hope your consultation goes well in April. :)