For UK people - wax

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LizzyG

For UK people - wax

#1 Post by LizzyG »

For all UK people, where can I buy some dental wax from? I only got one packet/container thingy of wax from my ortho when I got my braces and It is running out now :( my ortho is an hours drive away so I wondered where I can go to buy some - do they sell it in chemists? Would my normal dentist have some?

Thanks.

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

Svensk Tiger

#2 Post by Svensk Tiger »

I've never seen any in Boots but I know that Superdrug sells it so I would try there if you have one locally. Failing that I would have thought that most chemists and dentists are likely to sell it.

If you get really desperate I could send you a pack as I have loads!
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

snowbunny

#3 Post by snowbunny »

You can also buy online from healthcheckpharmacy.com
£1.79 for 5 strips. Delivery charge is £1.95 but you might want to buy a joblot anyway!
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

LizzyG

#4 Post by LizzyG »

Thanks for your replies :D I went to boots today and obviously they didn't have it, and I nearly went to Superdrug afterwards but thought 'nah, they won't have it if boots don't' but nevermind! Will try there tomorrow, thanks!

And thanks for the link to healthcheck pharmacy, will certainly order from there if no joy at superdrug :)

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

ukcolin

#5 Post by ukcolin »

http://www.orthoshop.co.uk/

I ordered Monday got the wax today (wednesday)

Not as many strips in as the ones my ortho gave well sold me but there bigger.

ALso got some braz eez - aint tried it yet!

They also gave me a free travel toothbrush

Ill recomend anyone who gives me stuff for nothing!

Aurelia

#6 Post by Aurelia »

My ortho gave me some wax and I also bought some at my local pharmacy. I also couldnt find any in Boots or Superdrug, it seems its the smaller independent chemists that stock it.

In my goodie bag from my ortho there was also this little pack of stuff called 'Brace Gard' - Silicone Brace Wax. It is the same size as a wax box and has 9 strips of sillicone wax in it, you just break off a peice and place it over the bracket that is bothering you, the silicone then moulds over it and you cant feel the bracket or wire at all, its wonderful stuff you can even eat with it! When I go back for my appointment I will ask him for some more and if people can buy it over the counter.

:D
All good things come to those that wait

mia_cro

#7 Post by mia_cro »

From what I heard,the silicone one is better since it molds lot easier than the traditional wax...I had troubles putting it at the begining..
Than the other day I forgot to take it out before eating,and guess what- it went down with pasta!!!! :wink:
So I guess could switch to the silicone one if it's ok to eat with it!